PayPal is committed to serving our customers in Thailand. We have been working to update our products and processes to best meet the needs of our customers in Thailand, and we look forward to serving you as we gradually complete the relaunch of PayPal Thailand. Thank you for your continued interest in PayPal.
Please click here for a step-by-step guide to the process, as well as troubleshooting tips.
If you already have a PayPal account as a:
1) What do I need to do?
To continue using your PayPal account in Thailand you will need to complete a few steps by 30 November, 2022 (up till 11.59pm Thailand time).
You can complete these steps via the PayPal mobile app or website. For a seamless mobile app experience, please ensure you're using the latest version of the PayPal app.
We recommend starting this process well in advance, to ensure you do not experience any disruption to your account.
2) How do I complete these steps, and what information or documentation will I need to provide?
3) Once I have completed these steps, when will my account be transferred to PayPal Thailand?
4) What will happen to my account if I don’t complete the required steps?
5) Why do I need to accept the new PayPal Thailand Relaunch Agreements?
6) I previously accepted some PayPal Thailand Relaunch Agreements. Why is there a new set of agreements now?
7) Why does PayPal need me to enroll in NDID?
8) How do I enroll in NDID?
9) What is the deadline for me to enroll in NDID, in order for my PayPal account to be transferred to PayPal Thailand?
10) How long will it take for me to enroll in NDID?
11) I am not sure if I have already enrolled in NDID. How can I check?
12) Will I need to pay a fee to enroll in NDID, or when PayPal verifies my identity through NDID?
13) Are there alternative ways to verify my identity if I do not wish to / am not able to enroll in NDID?
14) I am not a Thai national and cannot enroll in NDID. Will I be able to use a PayPal personal account in Thailand?
15) How can I get help if I am having difficulty enrolling in NDID?
16) Why do I need to verify my identity through NDID, when PayPal has already verified my identity previously?
17) Will my existing account balance and transaction history be transferred to my new PayPal Thailand account?
18) Will I still be able to use my account between 12 – 15 December, 2022, when the transfer of accounts to PayPal Thailand is taking place?
19) Will there be changes to how I can use my account after it is transferred to PayPal Thailand?
20) I am currently using a PayPal business / premier account. Will there be changes to how I can use my account after it is transferred to PayPal Thailand?
21) I’m an entrepreneur / sole proprietor with an existing PayPal account created after March 7, 2021, and I successfully verified my identity information over March-April 2022. Can I use my account to purchase goods & services as usual?
22) Following the transfer of my PayPal account to PayPal Thailand, will I have two PayPal accounts?
23) Will any fees change after my account is transferred to PayPal Thailand?
24) I do not have a personal PayPal account and would like to sign up for one. When can I do so?