Can I have my card charged in a different currency?
When you add a credit card to your PayPal account, it's automatically registered in your local currency. This is our standard procedure as your card issuer doesn't inform us what the actual currency is.
If you usually send your payments in the same foreign currency, you can avoid conversion costs if your card is denominated in the currency of the transactions you make.
To update the currency we use to charge your credit card, add a currency card to your PayPal account, and email or call us with the following information:
- the last four digits of your card number
- the currency you want to use for your card
- Click Other Conversion Options on the Review Your Payment page.
- Choose Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice. Select this option to ensure that your credit card is charged in the currency you want.
- You can also transfer your PayPal balance to another currency.
- You will not be able to add a non-US debit or credit card to a US PayPal account.