Does PayPal offer different types of accounts?
We offer two types of accounts to meet all of your needs. Choose from a Personal or Business account.
PayPal personal account
If you just need to make purchases and send money to family and friends, a Personal account is probably for you.
You can use a Personal account to:
- Repay a friend for your share of lunch.
- Send money as a gift.
- Buy a book online.
We recommend Business accounts for online merchants who operate under a company or group name.
With a Business account, you can:
- Operate under your company or business name.
- Accept debit card, credit card, and bank account payments for a low fee.
- Allow up to 200 employees limited access to your account.
- Sign up for PayPal products that meet your business needs, such as Express Checkout.
- Set up a separate email address for your customer service issues.
Our fees are the same for Personal and Business accounts. PayPal is free when you make purchases and when you send money from your bank account or PayPal balance. If you use a credit or debit card to send money, a fee applies. The sender decides who pays the fee. If you use your PayPal account to request money from someone, you'll be charged a fee when you receive the payment. Additional fees apply when you receive money from someone outside of the United States.
You were logged out to help protect your account.