A safer place for everyone.
Ecommerce flourishes in an environment where everyone is confident of getting a fair deal and we believe this is worth protecting. To ensure a safer community, the payments new sellers receive may not be available for immediate withdrawal. It’ll be shown as pending balance, and if everything goes well, the money will be released within 21 days. Once you’ve established a good selling history with us, you should be able to withdraw money with ease.
The customer purchases an item and pays with PayPal.
The money goes into your PayPal account as pending balance.
Process the order and mark it as "shipped" to access your funds earlier. Otherwise, the money should be released within 21 days.
Here’s why your funds may not be available for withdrawal.
You’re a new seller.
It takes time for new sellers to build up enough history and establish trust with buyers. The good news is that, while doing so, you can still access your funds within 7-14 days, simply by processing the order quickly, mark it as "shipped" or "processed" in your transaction details page and submit the tracking details.
A payment or account issue arises.
If you’re involved in a customer dispute, or chargeback where the buyer has requested for a reversal with their bank, the funds in question may be temporarily unavailable until the issue has been resolved.
3 simple criteria.
Once you’ve fulfilled all the 3 criteria below and become an established seller with us, you should be able to withdraw your money. The criteria may vary for eBay sellers. Log in to your account to view your country-specific criteria.
- Complete a minimum of 5 transactions;
- Transactions amounting to US$100; and
- Be a PayPal merchant for at least 60 days.
Avoid future delayed payments.
1. Improve your selling performance
- Process orders and ship quickly using a reliable service that provides tracking and delivery confirmation.
- Avoid buyer disputes, claims, and chargebacks.
- If you sell on eBay, improve your Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs) scores.
2. Maintain updated records
- Upload or save tracking information or delivery confirmation numbers.
- Confirm your personal account details such as address and phone numbers and keep them up to date.
- Verify your account and keep your financial information up to date.
3. Communicate with your buyers
- Communicate early and often with your buyers.
- Resolve buyer issues quickly through our Resolution Centre.
Establish a good selling history.We’re here to help