3 efficient ways to spend on online marketing channels.
Remember that your freelance business is a company in its own right, so having a budget for advertising makes sense. With the right approach, using paid media can certainly pay off in terms of getting your name and brand out there.
Identify your target audience.
In order to maximize the effectiveness of paid media, start with the profile of clients you want to attract: eg. what are their types of business, their interests, their locations, the kinds of keywords they would use when searching for something related to your business. Identify this target audience profile and note it down. This should be used in your marketing campaigns to ensure you reach the right people.
Explore and make use of online marketing channels.
There are online channels you can use out there that are effective at driving traffic and don’t cost a bomb. Here are a few popular and useful channels to start with:
1. Facebook: Tap into Facebook’s huge user base by creating and managing a Business Page for your brand. Make sure that your ‘Info’ tab succinctly explains everything a client needs to know about your business. To build engagement with your brand and get people interested in what you do, post good content on your Timeline, such as interesting and relevant videos. From as little as $5 each time, you can also ‘boost’ your posts so they reach more people. If you’re looking to drive traffic to your website directly, Facebook allows you to create ads as well. You’ll need to understand Facebook Ad basics and some best practices in order for your ad to be approved. Keep in mind that for optimal performance of your ads and boosted posts, you should be specific in targeting the ideal audience profile you’ve identified.
2. LinkedIn: Besides being a networking tool, LinkedIn can also be a great way to market your freelance business. With a Premium account, you can use InMail to message people you’re not connected to, which makes it a potential avenue for growing your business by initiating contact with prospective clients that you’ve found. Be personal in your introductory message and end it with a call-to-action. To attract more attention to your business and to show off your expertise, you should also post LinkedIn blog articles on topics that interest your target audience.
3. AdWords: Google AdWords offers pay-per-click advertising in the form of text at the top of Google searches that links to your website. This makes AdWords a great marketing tool, as it’s directed at people who are actively looking for a particular type of service or solution. To use it effectively, start by asking a few key questions: Based on the target audience profile that you’ve identified, what would your potential clients be searching for when looking for services or solutions that you can provide? What keywords would they likely use? Answering these can help you identify effective keywords that you want to utilize for your campaign.
Frequently asked questions.
-  > >List the type of rewards you’re offering in exchange for each donation amount.  >
-  > >Include a disclaimer on your campaign site and marketing material that you will make a best effort to provide the reward but delivery is not guaranteed.
-  > >Cash  >
-  > >Gold or silver coins or bullion  >
-  > >Raffle tickets  >
-  > >Gift cards  >
-  > >Sweepstakes  >
-  > >A right or interest in property
We are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Scheme approved by Bank Negara Malaysia. The operator approved to operate the scheme is the Ombudsman for Financial Services (OFS), an independent alternative dispute resolution channel covering eligible Malaysia customers. OFS services are provided free of charge to eligible complainants who may be dissatisfied with PayPal’s resolution. For more information on the timeframe to file the dispute and the types of Award that may be granted by the Ombudsman, please visit www.ofs.org.my.
|Address > > >||: > > >||Ombudsman for Financial Services (664393P) > >|
| > > >|| > > >||Level 14, Main Block > >|
| > > >|| > > >||Menara Takaful Malaysia > >|
| > > >|| > > >||No. 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman > >|
| > > >|| > > >||50000 Kuala Lumpur > >|
|Phone > > >||: > > >||+6 03 2272 2811 > >|
|Fax > > >||: > > >||+6 03 2272 1577 > >|
You can find our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.
What if I need to report a new violation?
Please click here to report a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy.
What type of violations can I report?
We encourage you to report any violations of the Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal immediately. Please complete and submit the form if you identify a violation related to:
- A PayPal.Me link  >
- An offensive or graphic image  >
- Mature adult content  >
- Child exploitation  >
- Hate/violence/racial/or other intolerance  >
- Firearms or weapons  >
- Gambling  >
- Multi-level marketing or Ponzi schemes  >
- Prescription drugs  >
- Illegal narcotics  >
- Counterfeit or stolen goods  >
- Any other violations of our Acceptable Use Policy
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. If you object to the processing of your personal data for the provision of financial or other services, you may no longer be able to use some or all PayPal services. For example, you must use your real name on your account and cannot use a false name.
If you no longer want PayPal to process your data for the purposes of providing you with financial or other services, we ask that you close your account. If you close your account PayPal will retain the data until the retention period has elapsed and there’s no other legal reason to keep it longer.
To change the way you receive marketing communications from PayPal, you can update your notification preferences.