You deserve fair play.
Selling online doesn’t mean you should lose out to fraudsters who seek to abuse the online payment system. Our Seller Protection gets you covered on eligible transactions.Sign Up. It’s Easy.
If a buyer files a claim, chargeback or payment reversal, we’ll place a temporary hold on the funds.
We’ll ask you to provide for proof of shipment or proof of delivery with signature confirmation.
You’ll receive the money once we have ascertained that your transaction is eligible.
“I would recommend that any online business considers accepting PayPal. It enables you to access an extensive user base globally, and helps drive sales – we’ve been really pleased with the results.”
Nick Beighton, Financial Director, ASOS.com
Ship it right.
We recommend using a shipping or courier service that supports tracking online. If a buyer makes a claim for an unauthorised transaction, provide us with a proof of shipment. If a buyer claims that an item was not received, show us the proof of shipment with tracking, or proof of delivery and signature confirmation.
What’s not covered?
- Pickups or deliveries made in person.
- Digital goods, travel and other tickets, gift vouchers, services or intangible items that can’t be shipped.
- Claims or chargebacks arising from items being significantly different to how you described them.
- Direct card payments not made through a PayPal account and email payments (excluding PayPal Invoices).
- Items that are sent after PayPal has advised the Seller not to release the item.
We do the guard part.
Every year we securely process billions of transactions for more than million active accounts around the world. From fraud protection to 24-hour account monitoring and advanced encryption, protecting your business is serious business to us. And the best part, your customers are protected too.