What is PayPal Seller Protection?
Our Seller Protection helps guard you from losing money to claims, chargebacks and reversals. You’re covered for the full purchase amount on all eligible transactions.
Our Seller Protection applies to 2 types of complaints:
- Item not received
If a transaction is eligible for Seller Protection, it will be marked as eligible or partially eligible on the Transaction Details page. If it’s marked as partially eligible, you’re only protected for items a buyer didn't receive.
Requirements for Seller Protection:
For physical items:
- Ship the item to the address on the Transaction Details page.
- Respond to our requests for documentation and other information within the required timeframe.
- Provide us with valid proof of shipment or delivery.
For intangible goods:
- Meet integration requirements
- Provide evidence that the intangible item was delivered or provided as described, or that the service was completed as described.
- Paid transaction fees on the sale.
Payments for the following aren’t covered by our PayPal Protection:
- Real estate, including residential property
- Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
- Significantly Not As Described claims on custom-made items
- Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
- Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
- Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
- PayPal Direct Payments
- Virtual Terminal Payments
- Personal Payments
To learn more about PayPal Protection, simply click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal Account User Agreement.
Was this article helpful?