PayPal was built to keep you secure. As a pioneer in online payments, we set the standard for fraud prevention by continuously developing and deploying a broad range of security measures so you can focus on your customers.
Fraud prevention measures.
PayPal's industry-leading loss rate is less than 0.5%. We keep sellers secure with:
For details, go to Security for Merchants.
The PayPal security advantage.
Other security measures.
- Confirmed address. For added protection, ship items to a Confirmed Address.
- Shipping and package tracking integration. For even more security when sending goods to buyers.
- Government agency partnerships. Our security teams cooperate and share investigations with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies.
- Educational resources. Including how to avoid and respond to chargebacks with our Chargeback Guide and Chargeback FAQ, and protecting yourself with the Identity Theft Guide and Tips to Sell Securely.
Additional resources for sellers.
To learn more about Selling Safely, go to:
- Tips to Sell Securely. How you can ensure that a transaction goes smoothly.
- Resolving Issues for Sellers. How to respond to buyer disputes, claims, and chargebacks.