PayPal offers more than just a quick checkout on eBay. Our Buyer Protection covers your eligible eBay items for their full purchase price plus original shipping costs. So go ahead, shop with confidence. PayPal is with you every step of the way.
Have issues with a transaction?
All the tools, tips, and resources you need to resolve problems are located in one place. Simply go to the Resolution Center and follow the instructions.
Eligible transactions are covered
PayPal protects you when you don’t receive an eBay item you’ve bought, or if an item you’ve received is significantly not as described by the seller. In the case of a significantly-not-as-described claim, it’s the buyer’s responsibility to pay for return shipping costs, if necessary. Eligible eBay items are designated by the Buyer Protection message in the right-hand column of the listing.
To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection:
- Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.
- Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments are not eligible.
- Send the payment to the seller through the Pay Now button or the eBay invoice.
- Open a dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment, and escalate the dispute into a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
- Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
Find out more about PayPal Buyer Protection and see our terms.