How do I report an unauthorized transaction on my PayPal account?
If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorize, let us know right away:
- Go to your Resolution Center. (This link may ask you to log in)
- Click Dispute a Transaction.
- Select the transaction you want to dispute, and then click Continue.
- Select “I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize.”
- Click Continue.
If you can't log in to your PayPal account, please call us.
Remember, you’re 100% protected against unauthorized transactions sent from your account.
And be sure to check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past.
Here's how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address.
- Click Cancel.
You were logged out to help protect your account.