How do I choose a payment method?
Your PayPal account balance is usually the first payment method used to fund a transaction. When you don’t have enough money in the required currency in your PayPal account balance, we will use the available funds and use your backup funding source (credit card or US bank account) for the remaining amount.
* We always use the cheapest funding source available on your account so that you will avoid paying currency conversion charges whenever possible.
- You can't set a default payment method on your account but you may be able to change it for individual transactions. To change the payment method for a transaction, simply click the arrow and select the desired payment method while sending the payment.
- You cannot change your payment method after you sent the payment.
- Adding a credit card or a US bank account to your PayPal account gives you more ways to send payments for goods and services.
- An instant transfer is an automatic withdrawal of funds from your US bank account to cover the cost of a purchase.
- The default method of payment - after your PayPal balance - may vary depending on what funding methods are available on your account.
- If you choose to change your payment method, you must do this for each payment you send.
- You can't add Capital One 360 or Payoneer accounts to your PayPal account as a payment method.
You were logged out to help protect your account.