PayPal Account Types
Why Use PayPal?
- The Faster way to send payments
- Industry-leading fraud prevention helps keep you safe
- Your financial information is kept private and secure
- eBay Tools and Merchant Services are free to use
- Accepted on eBay and merchant websites
- Payments can be made locally or in 203 countries worldwide and 24 currencies
PayPal is the safer, faster way to pay and get paid online. You can use PayPal to shop online, or receive fast, secure payments for your business from most major credit cards.
Signing up for a PayPal account is free and there's no charge to send payments. PayPal's low transaction fees are applied when Account holders receive payments.
Choose the right PayPal account for you
- Personal AccountThis account is ideal if you shop online. Make safer, faster payments on eBay and hundreds of other websites without sharing your financial information.
- Premier AccountPerfect for both buying and selling, you can make secure payments on eBay and many other retail websites. You can also use this account to accept credit card and bank account payments for low fees.
- Business AccountIf you're looking to start or expand your online business, you can choose from a range of Business Accounts to suit your needs. With low fees, a Business Account lets you accept credit card and bank account payments from millions of online shoppers.
Compare PayPal Account Types
|24-hour fraud surveillance|
|Customer Service availability|
|Accept credit cards|
PayPal allows members to have not more than one Personal account or Premier account and one Business account. However, each PayPal account must contain unique email addresses and financial information. You may upgrade your account at any time.