One TouchTM FAQ
What is One TouchTM?
One TouchTM is an optional feature of PayPal that allows you to complete purchases faster while still helping to keep your full financial information secure. When you log into PayPal, with your mobile phone or from a desktop, tablet or laptop you can choose to stay logged-in to PayPal for easier, faster checkout across all eligible merchants. You will skip the PayPal login screen on future purchases once you opt-in to staying logged-in when paying with PayPal using the same device and same browser.
Why should I activate the service?
Activating One TouchTM allows you to skip the PayPal log-in screen when you shop with PayPal thus allowing you to come directly to the payment page and breeze through checkout. It also saves the hassle of remembering and entering your password. For security purposes, whenever you update your PayPal personal or financial account info we will always ask you to log in.
How does PayPal help protect my financial account information when using One TouchTM?
PayPal is known for its world-class fraud detection tools, and these same tools are applied to One TouchTM. PayPal does not share full payment information with merchants when you shop.
- There are security recommendations that PayPal has specifically for One TouchTM:
- You have to be using the same device and browser combination to use One TouchTM.
- The functionality is limited for your protection. For example, you can currently make payments, but you can’t withdraw funds, or access your PayPal settings from the PayPal payment screen. This helps prevent those who may get access to this device from gaining access to sensitive information.
- You must not share your device if you are using One TouchTM, and you must immediately report to us if stolen, or logout.
What if my phone is lost or stolen?
In the event of your phone getting stolen, log into your PayPal account and change the security settings under Profile or call Customer Service so we can help protect your PayPal account from unauthorized use.
What if I am using a public computer?
Please only activate One TouchTM on your personal device or computer and not on a public/shared computer/device to avoid misuse of your PayPal account.
Do I still authenticate and register for all individual merchants?
You only authenticate and authorize use of One TouchTM on the first merchant site or app on that device and browser using One TouchTM functionality. If you are using the same device and browser, you won’t be asked to re-login on thousands of sites that accept PayPal. If you update your PayPal personal or financial account info, we will always ask you to log in.
How do I activate the service?
It’s easy. You can select “Stay logged in for faster purchases” when checking out with PayPal upon initial login. This activates One TouchTM for that specific device and browser. You do not need to re-login when shopping at many websites on the same device and browser.
How do I de-activate the feature?
You can easily de-activate One TouchTM by turning it off within your PayPal account. Just go to PayPal.com profile, click the Security tab, and then edit your “Stay Logged in for Faster Purchases” option. Business account users can deactivate by clicking the Profile icon and selecting “Log out of all devices” from the drop down menu.
- Other alternative methods to deactivate /revoke One TouchTM are:
- Call PayPal Customer Service
- Clear cookies
- On password change, PayPal revokes the consent
- PayPal can force ‘Show Login’ for suspicious activity/account or if a transaction bears higher risk
- You can turn it off within your settings in PayPal account on the web
What does PayPal do to help if I have a problem with my online purchase?
When you pay with PayPal online, PayPal Buyer Protection won’t be impacted by this functionality and will continue to apply your eligible purchases. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described and you comply with the terms, we will reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage and packaging costs.
- To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection:
- Use PayPal to complete your payment.
- Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
- Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren't eligible.
- If the eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the Resolution Center within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. Following this, if the matter is still unresolved you can escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
If your transaction qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection you are covered for the full purchase price plus the postage and packaging costs. You can report your problem in the PayPal Resolution Center. Please note that some purchases such as vehicles in the Motors category, capital equipment in the Business & Industrial category on eBay.com, and Real Estate aren't eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection and to see a full list of eligibility requirements and exclusions, please review our User Agreement. You can find the User Agreement by clicking Legal or Legal Agreements on any PayPal page.
How can I control on which merchants I activate the service?
No, you cannot control the merchants you opt-in for. Once you consent to One TouchTM, you can stay logged in on the same device and using the same browser at all eligible merchants, unless you turn it off or it gets turned off by PayPal.
What happens if I am shopping on a mobile device or computer logged into One TouchTM that is not mine?
If you are shopping from a mobile device that is not your own, you can simply click the ‘Not Me’ link to log out of PayPal and log back in using your own account. If you attempt to move forward with the purchase using an account that is not yours, you will be making an unauthorized payment, which is prohibited. If you do this accidentally, you will, in most cases, not be able to close the purchase. However please contact our customer service team immediately so that we can help the real PayPal account holder and the merchant sort this out.
What if I share my device or desktop with other users?
Please do not share your device if you are using One TouchTM or make sure to log-out before sharing.