Seller Protection now covers digital good sales.
Besides physical goods and intangible services, if you sell digital goods, such as music download, video streaming and more, you’re also covered by PayPal Seller Protection*.
If a buyer files a Claim, Chargeback or payment reversal for Unauthorised Transaction, we will place a temporary hold on your fund.
We will ask the Seller to provide with valid proofs/ information that confirm Seller delivered the service to the buyer and investigate the matter.
The Seller will receive the fund once PayPal has ascertained that the transaction is eligible for Seller Protection and proofs are valid.
Item Not Received
What items are not covered?
- Vehicles, including motorcycles, caravans, aircrafts and boats;
- Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described;
- Items that you deliver in person, including at a point of sale;
- Items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, gift cards or vouchers);
- PayPal Direct Payments (including Virtual Terminal Payments, Website Payments Pro/ Plus Payments), PayPal Here payments, PayPal carrier billing products, PayPal Mass Payments;
- Items that are sent after PayPal has advised the Seller not to release the item;
- Items that are not shipped to the recipient address as stated in the “Transaction Details” page. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid Proof of Shipping and Proof of Delivery (for tangible items);
- Financial products and investments;
- Gold Bullion.
What specific issue types are eligible?
- Unauthorised Chargebacks or ACH returns
- Unauthorised Claims
- Unauthorised Fraud Reversals and ACH returns
- Item Not Received Chargebacks
How does the Seller have to respond to the cases?
What kind of proofs can the Seller submit?
How does the claim process for Seller Protection work?
- If a buyer files a Claim, Chargeback or payment reversal for Unauthorised Transaction, we will place a temporary hold on your fund.
- We will ask the Seller to provide with valid proofs/information.
- The Seller will receive the fund once PayPal has ascertained that the transaction is eligible for Seller Protection and proofs are valid.