How do I add money to my PayPal account from my bank account in Hong Kong?
You don't need to have balance in your PayPal account to make a payment. As long as you've linked a credit or debit card, you can start paying with PayPal.
If you want to add money to your PayPal account, you can top up with a confirmed bank account opened in Hong Kong. Here's how to top up with your bank account:
- Go to your Wallet.
- Click Top up.
- Follow the instructions on page to add money to your PayPal account.
The money will usually arrive in your account within 3-6 business days. We’ll send you an email when the money’s in your PayPal account.
Learn more about topping your PayPal account.
- Transfers from ATM machines and online transfers from DBS bank accounts are currently not supported for Top Up.
- We don’t charge a fee to transfer money from your bank account. Your bank may charge a fee to transfer the money.
- You can top up in Hong Kong Dollars only.
- If you want to make a payment in a currency other than HKD, our currency conversion rate includes a 2.5% fee. You might want to add enough money to cover the fee.