At PayPal, maintaining your account's security is our top priority. To augment the security measures that we take on your behalf, there are steps that you can take to help protect your account from fraud and scams.
- Type in the PayPal URL: To safely and securely access the PayPal website or your PayPal account, open a new web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the following: https://www.paypal.ch/
- Never share your PayPal password: PayPal representatives will never ask you for your password. If you believe someone has learned your password, please change it immediately and contact us.
- Create a secure password: Choose a password that uses a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. For example, $coo!place2l!ve or 2Barry5Bonds#1. Avoid choosing obvious words or dates such as a nickname or your birth date.
- Keep your PayPal password unique: Don't use the same password for PayPal and other online services such as AOL, eBay, MSN, or Yahoo. Using the same password for multiple websites increases the likelihood that someone could learn your password and gain access to your account.
- Look for a PayPal Greeting: PayPal will never send an email with the greeting "Dear PayPal User" or "Dear PayPal Member." Real PayPal emails will address you by your first and last name or the business name associated with your PayPal account. If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the entire email—including the header information—to email@example.com. We investigate every spoof reported. Please note that the automatic response you get from us may not address you by name.
- Don't share personal information via email: We will never ask you to enter your password or financial information in an email or send such information in an email. You should only share information about your account once you have logged in to https://www.paypal.ch/.
- Don't download attachments: PayPal will never send you an attachment or software update to install on your computer.
Use Your Account Wisely
- Don't share your account: Don't use your PayPal account to collect or transfer money for someone else. These types of activity are often conducted as forms of money laundering or mail fraud and may result in significant criminal penalties. If someone contacts you and asks you to transfer money on their behalf, you should deny the request and contact us immediately.
- Increase your security: Become a Verified PayPal member.
- Look for legitimate sites: Examine all privacy and security seals before doing business with a particular website and make sure they are legitimate.
For more information, please visit our Security Center.