Safer Online Shopping - Purchase Protection from PayPal Canada
PayPal Purchase Protection
We're here to help you shop with confidence, no matter where you are on the Web. That's why we created PayPal Purchase Protection. It means you may be protected when something goes wrong with an order, or if someone uses your account without permission.
Here's what you need to know:
You're Protected if:
1. Your order never arrives
2. Your order arrives, but it's significantly different than it was described
There are a variety of scenarios that meet this condition, for instance:
- You received a completely different item.
Example: You purchased a hockey skates, but received a hockey stick.
- The item's condition was misrepresented.
Example: The listing said new but the item had clearly been used.
- The item is missing parts or features, and this was not disclosed.
Example: You bought a table, and it showed up with only 3 legs.
- You purchased a specific quantity of an item—but received the wrong amount.
Example: You bought two laptops but received only one.
- The item was damaged en route to its destination.
Example: Your antique vase was broken in transit.
- You received a counterfeit version of the item.
Example: That "genuine" diamond bracelet ended up being cubic zirconia.
3. You were charged for something you didn't purchase, and you report it immediately
This may mean someone has used your PayPal account without authorization. As long as you report it within 60 days, PayPal will launch an investigation and you will be covered by our $0 Liability for Eligible Unauthorized Transactions program.
We hope you understand that in the event of an unauthorized transaction, we may have to temporarily freeze your account until we know exactly what happened.