These General Conditions of Use (“GCU”) describe the terms and conditions under which PayPal Pte. Ltd ( “PayPal” or “We”) offers the Return Shipping on Us service (the "Service"). The Service is available at no additional cost to PayPal account holders who have registered for it at https://www.paypal.com/returns/
By registering for the Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree to the terms for these GCU. These terms replace any previous version provided.
We may amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we make changes to these terms and conditions which may impact your use of the Service in a material way, we will email you a notification. You agree to receive such notices in this way. The changes will take effect on the date we specify, which will be at least 30 days after we send the notification email to you. By continuing to use the Service after any amendments to these terms and conditions you agree to abide and be bound by any changes. If you do not agree to any amendments to these terms and conditions, you must cease using the Service.
The Service is provided by PayPal with support from CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as TELUS International Europe, also referred to as the “Service Provider”) registered in Bulgaria under no. 9829/2004, VAT BG175138361, with head office at Alabin Street 1-3, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria, who will act at all times on behalf of PayPal
When can I use PayPal Return Shipping on Us service?
You may return items using the Service if you:
- hold an Argentina, Bahamas, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago Consumer PayPal account, under the applicable User Agreement in good standing and such account is not suspended or limited in any manner:;
- paid for your item in its entirety using your PayPal account;
- received the purchased item at an address in Argentina, Bahamas, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago;
- initiated your return within the return period and in accordance with any return conditions of the seller;
- lodge your refund request within 150 days of the date you purchased the item to which the refund request related;
- activated the Service;
- take a photo of your item and keep a copy of your receipt for your purchase of the item.
- provide us a return shipping receipt showing the seller’s address and the amount you paid for shipping. If you use regular post without shipment tracking you must also provide us a photo of the package being returned showing the seller’s address;
- submit a request for a refund of the shipping costs (the "Refund Request”) within 30 calendar days of the date you ship the item back to the seller; and
- respond to our requests for further documents or information within the time we specify.
When can’t I use the Service?
The Service does not apply to:
- purchases made in violation of the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy or User Agreement;
- immaterial or intangible goods, licenses for digital content and services;
- items for which the return by regular mail, courier or any other regular shipping options or services is already paid for by the seller;
- items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller’s general conditions of sale (e.g. the seller’s deadline for returns has passed); or
- items paid for in part or whole through a means other than PayPal.
The Service also does not apply if you:
- hold a PayPal account that is suspended or limited or associated with another PayPal account that is suspended or limited; or
- can benefit, or have already benefited, from another type of shipping returns refund service or guarantee with any third party.
What costs does the Service cover?
The Service covers the cost of shipping an eligible item back to the seller up to $25USD per Refund Request. If you return several items at once, it will be considered a single return.
The Service does not cover costs associated with loss, theft or damage to the item.
How many refunds can I request?
You’re eligible for up to 12 refunds per PayPal account per calendar year. If you return multiple packages containing items from the same transaction, we will refund your return shipping costs for up to 3 of the packages.
How do I make a Refund Request?
To submit a refund request, login to your PayPal account and under Your PayPal Account Activity select the eligible purchase You returned and click on the “request return shipping refund” link beneath the purchase. Submit the return shipping refund request form and provide the required proof of Your return within 30 calendar days of when You returned the item.
Once you submit your refund request, we will review it for completeness. If any document is missing from your file, our Service Provider will contact you at your primary email address on file with PayPal identifying the missing document(s), and you will have an additional 14 calendar days to submit the missing document(s) from the date you are contacted.
If Your return request is approved, Your refund will appear in Your PayPal account within 10 business days.
What information do I have to provide with my Refund request claim form?
Please review the refund request claim form carefully and complete all fields before You submit a refund request. In addition to the completed refund request claim form, You will need to provide evidence of the return shipping costs You have incurred, as follows:
- Details of Your return including date shipped, cost to ship, reason for return and items returned.
- Proof of Your return including the following:
- If You paid the return shipping costs to the post office or a courier service, you must send:
- The receipt from the post office or courier service, and
- Proof showing the purchased item was returned to the seller or merchant. If the receipt does not feature the seller’s return address, provide other documentation, such as a photo of the package with the seller’s address visible.
- If the return shipping costs were deducted from the refund of Your item by the seller or merchant, You must submit:
- Proof showing the initial price of the item returned; and
- Proof from the seller or merchant showing the amount that was deducted for return shipping and/or the amount of the refund and date (e.g., the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return, or the PayPal email confirming the refund of your item).
- If You paid the return shipping costs to the post office or a courier service, you must send:
Copies, pictures, and scanned versions of the original documents are acceptable only if the required information is clearly legible. In all cases, please be sure to keep the original documents, since You may be asked to provide them during the process of verification of Your refund request if the copies provided are not legible.
How will I be refunded?
If your Refund Request is accepted, you will receive a refund directly to your PayPal account. If Your return shipping costs are in a currency other than USD, before distributing the refund, our Service Provider will convert the cost of the refund shipping to USD before processing the refund to your PayPal account. The Service Provider will use the daily conversion rate from xe.com.
How will I know if my Refund Request is accepted?
We will send you a:
- Confirmation of receipt of your Refund request will be sent as soon as your claim form is successfully submitted;
- Notice of any additional documentation we need from You will be sent within five (5) business days from the day You submit Your request, and You will then have 14 calendar days to provide missing documentation;
- Notice of approval or rejection of Your refund request will be sent five (5) business days from the receipt of Your complete file; and
- Refund will be issued to Your PayPal account five (5) business days from notice of approval of Your refund request.
What happens if I returned an item purchased before the launch of the Return Shipping on Us service?
This Service is not retroactive. You may only make a Refund request for items that you purchased and returned while the Service is in effect and after you registered for the Service. The terms of these GCU does not apply retroactively.
Who should I contact if I have a question about the Service?
If you have any questions about the Service, please email email@example.com.
Additional provisions concerning operation of the Service
You must notify us if you believe there has been or will be an error or unauthorized use of the Service. Any Refund Request that does not comply with these terms will be automatically rejected and you will not be eligible for a refund.
PayPal, its related entities and the Service Provider are not responsible for the execution of the return shipping to the seller or for the quality of the items purchased, such services and products and an entire responsibility of you, and/or the seller, and/or any additional service provider that may be involved; therefore, you acknowledge that this Service is only an additional benefit to the PayPal users tha had complied with the terms of this GCU.
Any Refund Request you initiate or base on incorrect or false information/documents will be rejected and you will be suspended from the Service. We may debit from your PayPal account any payment made to you under this Service on the basis of false information/documents. We will notify you by email if we suspend or lift the suspension of your eligibility for the Service.
PayPal (and its Service Provider) will not be held liable for any delays or failures due to causes beyond its control or which it could not reasonably have anticipated, and the consequences of which could not have been reasonably avoided or overcome. Such circumstances may include:
- interruption of, or problems accessing, the Service due to causes beyond PayPal’s control, such as your failure to fulfill your obligations, a defect and/or saturation of the telecommunications networks, action by a third party, infection by a virus of the Service or your equipment, or other type of malicious attack by a third party despite reasonable security measures taken by you and by PayPal;
- your improper use of the Service;
- your provision of incorrect information; or
- cases of force majeure or action by a third party.
In no event will PayPal, its related entities or the Service Provider be liable to you for any of the following types of loss or damage arising under or in relation to the terms: any loss of profits, goodwill, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings, any loss or corruption of data, or any loss or damage whatsoever which does not stem directly from our breach of the terms.
PayPal may decide, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, to change, suspend or terminate the Service without being liable to you or to any third party for doing so.
The PayPal Shipping Return on Us Service is made available by PayPal Pte. Ltd. with head offices at 5 Temasek Boulevard #09-01, Suntec Tower Five, 03898 Singapore.