Where is my refund?
To check the status of your refund from your computer:
- Click Activities at the top of the page.
- Click Filters and select Refunds.
- Select the desired date range to see your refund.
- Click the refunded transaction to view the details.
Where is my refund sent to?
How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.
- If you paid with a credit/debit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account. Refunds to credit/debit cards usually takes 2-5 business days, however it can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.
- If you paid with PayPal balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal balance. After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account or use the money for future purchases through PayPal.
- If you paid using a credit/debit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by the credit/debit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account balance.
Here are a few common refund statuses:
Pending: If your refund status is Pending, It could be because PayPal has not yet received the funds from the buyer's bank for the Instant Transfer, or that the seller issued an eCheck that has not yet cleared from their bank. It usually takes 2-7 business days for the money to become available in your PayPal balance.
Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance or on your card.