What is my preferred payment method and how can I change it?
Your Preferred Payment Method is the funding source that will be used when paying with PayPal. You can check your preferred payment method in your Wallet. You can change your preferred payment method at any time.
Changing your preferred payment method on your PayPal account will not affect billing agreements, subscriptions or recurring payments. You can update your payment preference on billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments at any time in your account.
To change your preferred payment method from your computer:
- Go to Wallet.
- Select your payment method from the left side of the page.
- Click Set as preferred.
To change your preferred payment method from the PayPal app:
- Tap the Settings icon at the top right.
- Select Payment Preferences.
- Tap Online purchases to see which payment method is your preferred one (it will have a check mark next to it).
- To change it, simply tap the new payment method.
If you don’t have enough money in your preferred payment method, we'll ask you to choose a different payment method at checkout.
To make sure you’re using the payment method you want, check the 'Review Your Payment' page.
- Once a payment has been sent to another PayPal account, the funding source cannot be changed.