Pay when you have sales
PayPal Working Capital is offered exclusively to select PayPal business customers based on your PayPal sales history. After approval, loan funds are deposited to your PayPal account within minutes and available to use for your business.
- Repayment is simply a share of your PayPal sales that you choose. Payments happen automatically when you have sales.
- On days when you don't make sales, you pay nothing for that day*.
- When your balance is paid in full, you can re-apply for another loan.
Customized for your business
- Loan amount: You choose your loan amount. Maximum Loan Amounts vary based on your sales history. Read the Overview section of our FAQs for details.
- Repayment Percentage: You choose the percentage of your future PayPal sales to be taken for repayment. The higher your daily repayment percentage, the sooner you’re likely to repay – and the lower your fee.
- Loan fee: There’s just one fixed fee, determined by your loan amount, repayment percentage, and PayPal sales history. There are no other fees, and there are never any penalty fees.
- Total amount to be repaid: A share of your sales will be collected automatically until you’ve repaid the loan amount plus the fee.
If you make sales in multiple currencies, your loan repayments will be calculated by applying your selected repayment percentage to each currency’s daily total sales.
If you want to make additional payments or pay your loan balance in full early, you can do so at any time without penalty.
Want to see figures tailored to you?Apply now
Policies that are simple and on your side
- You must continue to process your sales through PayPal (like you already do) since that’s how repayment happens.
- Because automated repayment occurs the day AFTER your corresponding sales, you should maintain a PayPal balance greater than the share of sales you owe as repayment each day.
- If you withdraw, transfer or spend your sales proceeds before we can take your automatic repayment, we’ll take catch-up payments until the account is current.
- There are no fees for catch-up payments, but these payments may result in multiple amounts being deducted from your PayPal account at irregular times.
- Catch-up payments are a courtesy only. After the first 30 days of the loan, uncollected and catch-up payments may not account for more than 50% of the cumulative balance due (which is based only on sales that have occurred).
- Because your automatic repayments are based on a share of your sales, repayment amounts change along with your business, but there are minimum requirements over time.
- You are required to pay at least 10% of your total loan amount (loan + the fixed fee) every 90 days so that you make consistent repayment progress regardless of your sales volume.
- Most customers easily meet this requirement with their automated repayments. We check accounts regularly so we can alert you if it looks like you’re getting behind.
The PayPal difference
PayPal already knows your business, so applying is easy:
- No long forms to complete
- No personal guarantee (PG)
- No credit check, so using PayPal Working Capital won’t affect your personal or your business credit scores
How do I apply?There are just a few simple steps to get funds in your PayPal account.
View our FAQs