>> View all legal agreements
PayPal Credit Promotion Program Terms
These terms apply to you and your use of the PayPal Credit Promotion Program, in addition to any other agreement you have with PayPal, including the PayPal User Agreement. Please familiarize yourself with the general terms of the PayPal Advertising Program that apply to you under that agreement.
The PayPal Advertising Program enables qualifying merchants to place PayPal Credit Financing and other PayPal Credit promotional banners and buttons ("Advertising Banners") hosted by PayPal on their websites, on their eBay stores and through other channels as may be made available by PayPal from time to time. To participate in the PayPal Advertising Program with respect to PayPal Credit, you must use a PayPal payments solution that is pre-integrated with PayPal Credit, unless authorized by us in writing. See “How do I know if I am eligible to promote PayPal Credit” in our FAQs.
Follow instructions on the "Get Started" page. The content on the PayPal Credit Promotion Program site is to be used solely for the purpose of displaying PayPal Credit messaging on your website and on your eBay store or listing and may not be used for any other purpose (other than those that are affirmatively enabled by us through the portal).
You will still be responsible for paying your regular PayPal payment solution fees; however there is no additional cost to you for advertising PayPal Credit financing to your customers through this program.
PayPal Credit is available to US customers only.
PayPal Credit financing offers, including duration and threshold, are firm and cannot be changed. Should the PayPal Credit offer terms be updated from what is offered today, the hosted banners will automatically update, assuming the code was integrated correctly.
If you participate in the PayPal Advertising Program with respect to PayPal Credit, you must comply with the following requirements:
- If you have a PayPal product that is not currently integrated with PayPal Credit (as stated above), you may not display financing banners on your site. If you do, PayPal reserves the right to remove and/or modify them.
- If your website currently offers the PayPal Credit payment option outside of PayPal, you may not use these banners on your site. Contact your account manager for best practices and help with messaging.
- You must comply with Advertising Banner integration requirements provided by PayPal or authorized third party providers to ensure that Advertising Banners are accurately presented.
- The images on this site and in particular on the "Get Started" page are for placement and demonstration only. You must download the official code to use the banners. Do not attempt to copy or modify the banners in any way. Do not attempt to remove the watermarks.
- You are prohibited from modifying Advertising Banners or altering their presentation in any way.
- You are prohibited from copying Advertising Banners from other websites. Instead, you should use the HTML code as provided by PayPal to place Advertising banners on your websites, eBay stores or in customer communications.
- You are prohibited from creating, hosting and displaying your own Advertising Banners or other content related to PayPal Credit on your websites, eBay stores or in customer communications, unless authorized by PayPal in writing.
- You must use the Advertising Banners in their entirety with all the links and language provided by PayPal.
- You may not post Advertising Banners on social media networks or platforms, unless authorized by PayPal in writing.
- Advertising Banners may be changed at any time for any reason. PayPal may also discontinue any Advertising Banners and/or the PayPal Advertising Program at any time, at its sole discretion. If Advertising Banners on your website, customer communications or eBay stores fail to automatically update, you will cooperate with PayPal to (i) manually update the Advertising Banners as they appear on your sites; (ii) repair or reinstall the HTML code to facilitate future updates; and (iii) remove any non-current messaging or PayPal Credit offer terms from your sites.
- If you receive customer inquiries relating to PayPal Credit, you must direct the customer to PayPal Credit Customer Support at (866) 528-3733. If a customer is unable to process a transaction using PayPal Credit, you are prohibited from communicating any reason for the customer's decline. You are also prohibited from representing or holding yourself out to represent PayPal Credit in any way.
- If you fail to comply with any requirements as communicated by PayPal or authorized third party providers with respect to this program, then you will be liable for any resulting damages suffered by PayPal or any third parties, and PayPal may remove or modify your Advertising Banners.
- If you stop using a qualifying PayPal payment solution, you must immediately remove all Advertising Banners from your sites and customer communications and/or cooperate with PayPal or your third party provider to do so.
- PayPal reserves the right to update or amend these Program Terms at any time.