Terms and Conditions
Return Shipping on Us
These Terms and Conditions of Use (the "Terms") describe the terms and conditions under which PayPal makes available to its eligible users the Return Shipping on Us service (the “Return Shipping on Us service” or "Service"). The Service is exclusively reserved, at no cost, to U.S. PayPal account holders who have activated the Service by logging in with their PayPal account from the Return Shipping on Us service website. By logging in with their PayPal account to register for the Service, a user ("You" and “Your” in these Terms) expressly acknowledges and accepts to be bound by these Terms. The Terms constitute a contract between You and PayPal (hereinafter: “we” or “us” in these Terms) and apply to Your use of the Service.
These Terms describe the Return Shipping on Us service in effect beginning November 30, 2016. These Terms replace any previous version You may have received or have in Your possession.
By registering for the Service, you acknowledge that you have read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms. You agree that any use by You of the Service shall constitute your acceptance of the Terms. We may revise these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. Protecting Your privacy is very important to PayPal. Please review our Privacy Statement in order to better understand our commitment to maintaining Your privacy, as well as our use and disclosure of your personal information.
You may use the Return Shipping on Us Service to obtain reimbursement of return shipping costs for items purchased online, if the following conditions are met:
- You must activate the Service before you attempt to submit a refund request, by clicking the “Agree & Activate Now” button on the Return Shipping on Us service website and logging in to your PayPal account.
- You must hold a U.S. PayPal account that is not suspended or limited;
- You must pay for your online purchase entirely using your PayPal account;
- You must meet the return conditions authorized by the seller or merchant; and
- You must submit a complete refund request of the return shipping costs (the "refund request”) related to that return within 30 calendar days of mailing back the returned item.
You will have 30 calendar days to submit a refund request from the date on which You returned Your item via mail.
In the event of misappropriation or fraudulent use of the Return Shipping on Us service, PayPal reserves the right to restrict the Service eligibility.
The Service does not apply to:
- Purchases made in violation of the PayPal User Agreement or PayPal Acceptable Use Policy;
- Immaterial or intangible goods and coupons purchases, and licenses for digital content and services;
- Items for which the return by post regular mail, courier or any other regular shipping options or services is already paid for or being paid for by the seller or merchant;
- Cash, traveler's checks, tickets, credit or debit cards, or any other negotiable instrument;
- Items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller or merchant's general conditions of sale (e.g. the seller or merchant's authorized deadline for returns has passed, or the sale was a final sale);
- Costs associated with loss, theft, or damage to the item when it is returned;
- Items which are paid for wholly or partially in cash or any payment method other than PayPal; only the return shipping costs for items paid for entirely with PayPal may be refunded under the Return Shipping on Us service; and
- Purchases made more than 150 calendar days prior to submission of the refund request.
The Service does not apply if You are able to benefit from or have already benefited from another type of return shipping refund service or guarantee with any other third party.
Once you submit your refund request, we will review it for completeness. If any document is missing from your file, our service provider, Telus International, will contact you at your primary email address on file with PayPal identifying the missing document(s), and you will have an additional 14 calendar days to submit the missing document(s) from the date you are contacted by Telus.
If Your return request is approved, Your refund will appear in Your PayPal account within 10 business days.
Please review the refund request claim form carefully and complete all fields before You submit a refund request. In addition to the completed refund request claim form, You will need to provide evidence of the return shipping costs You have incurred, as follows:
Details of Your return including date shipped, cost to ship, reason for return and items returned.
Proof of Your return including the following:
If You paid the return shipping costs to the post office or a courier service, you must send:
- The receipt from the post office or courier service, and
- Proof showing the purchased item was returned to the seller or merchant. If the receipt does not feature the seller’s return address, provide other documentation, such as a photo of the package with the seller’s address visible.
If the return shipping costs were deducted from the refund of Your item by the seller or merchant, You must submit:
- Proof showing the initial price of the item returned; and
- Proof from the seller or merchant showing the amount that was deducted for return shipping and/or the amount of the refund (e.g., the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return, or the PayPal email confirming the refund of your item).
Copies, pictures, and scanned versions of the original documents are acceptable only if the required information is clearly legible. In all cases, please be sure to keep the original documents, since You may be asked to provide them during the process of verification of Your refund request if the copies provided are not legible.
You will be kept informed at every stage of the processing of your request by email:
- Confirmation of receipt of your Refund request will be sent as soon as your claim form is successfully submitted;
- Notice of any additional documentation we need from You will be sent within five (5) business days from the day You submit Your request, and You will then have 14 calendar days to provide missing documentation;
- Notice of approval or rejection of Your refund request will be sent five (5) business days from the receipt of Your complete file; and
- Refund will be issued to Your PayPal account five (5) business days from notice of approval of Your refund request.
You may also login to your PayPal account to see the status of Your previous claims. In Your PayPal Account Activity, select the transaction You returned and click on the link to “View all return shipping refund requests”.
By using the Return Shipping on Us service, You acknowledge the following:
- All Your refund requests are complete, honest and accurate.
- You have familiarized yourself with these Terms and accept their contents unconditionally.
- The Service cannot be combined with another service or coverage for the same purpose (i.e. for "refund of return shipping costs") for which you are eligible, or from which You have already benefited as part of Your initial purchase.
- You must notify us if You believe there has been or will be an error, unauthorized transaction, or misappropriated or unauthorized use of the Service. Any refund request that does not comply, for whatever reason, with the conditions and procedures described in these Terms will be rejected and You will not be eligible for any refund.
- Likewise, any refund request knowingly initiated or based on erroneous or false information or documents will be rejected and You will be excluded without prior notice from Your eligibility to the Return Shipping on Us service, and all benefits associated with it will be cancelled.
- You agree to receive all information concerning use of the Return Shipping on Us service at Your primary email address on file with PayPal, whether the communications come from PayPal and/or any of its service providers or subcontractors. As a result, it is Your responsibility to regularly check this mailbox so as to be aware of any messages sent by PayPal and/or any of its subcontractors.
PayPal (and any of its service providers or subcontractors) shall make every effort to ensure that the Return Shipping on Us service is fully accessible and high quality at all times. PayPal shall not be held liable for any delays or failures if any such delays or failures are a consequence of a circumstance which is beyond PayPal’s control, which it could not reasonably have been expected to have anticipated, and the consequences of which could not have been reasonably avoided or overcome. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Total or partial interruption of the Service, or problems accessing the Service, specifically due to causes beyond its control, such as total or partial failure to fulfill the obligations for which You are responsible, a defect and/or saturation of the telecommunications networks, or action by a third party;
- Infection by a virus of the Service or your equipment, or other type of malicious attack by a third party despite reasonable security measures taken by You and by PayPal;
- Improper use by You of the Service;
- Provision by You of erroneous information or data;
- Cases of force majeure or action by a third party.
PayPal (and any of its service providers or subcontractors) shall in no event be held liable for indemnification of any direct or indirect damages incurred by You when using the Return Shipping on Us service unless caused by PayPal’s (or any of its subcontractors) gross negligence or intent. In no event shall PayPal, the other companies in its corporate group, persons who act on its behalf, and/or the persons it enter into contracts with be liable for any of the following types of loss or damage arising under or in relation to the Terms (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise: any loss of profits, goodwill, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings even if PayPal is advised of the possibility of such damages, loss of profits, goodwill, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings; or any loss or corruption of data; or any loss or damage whatsoever which does not stem directly from PayPal’s breach of the Terms; or any loss or damage whatsoever which is in excess of that which was caused as a direct result of PayPal’s breach of the Terms (whether or not You are able to prove such loss or damage).
PayPal may decide, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, to change, suspend, or terminate the Service (or any part or content of the Service) without being liable to You or to any third party for doing so.
The Return Shipping on Us service, its terms, and any dispute arising from Your use of the Return Shipping on Us Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware.
If you have any general questions concerning the Return Shipping on Us service, please send an email to: email@example.com