Simply link your bank account and then use it to shop online and pay.
Check out using PayPal and choose your bank.
We'll pay the merchant electronically without sharing your full financial information.
We’ll get reimbursed for the purchase amount from your bank account.
Your protection is our priority.
When you shop with PayPal, your full financial information is not shared with sellers or merchants. And we guard it like our business depends on it—because it does.
You’ll also get zero liability protection on unauthorized purchases and PayPal Purchase Protection. So you can shop with confidence!See Eligibility
Paying with your bank online couldn't be simpler.
Join millions of PayPal members who have linked a bank account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have a bank account linked, you can choose it as your payment method whenever you check out. In most cases, your bank will already be selected.
We’ll never share your full bank account information with the merchant. Instead, we’ll pay the merchant on your behalf. We’ll then debit your bank account for the amount of your purchase.
You're also covered by PayPal Purchase protection for eligible transactions and, in the unlikely event your account is compromised, PayPal provides unauthorized transaction coverage. Learn more.
2. Click “Activity”.
3. Click the transaction that you wish to report.
4. On the next page, you’ll be able to report any unauthorized activity.
2. Click “Activity”.
3. Click on the transaction you want to view.
4. You’ll see the status of that transaction.
1. We’ll initiate the debit to your bank account when you make a purchase. The debit usually posts to your bank account within 3 business days.
2. An eCheck is like a regular check, and it typically takes up to 5 business days for an eCheck to clear. Look for the debit in your bank account within 5 days after the purchase. Note that with eChecks, PayPal only pays the recipient once the eCheck has cleared. With Instant Transfers, the recipient receives the money right away.
To confirm your bank account:
1. Log into PayPal.
2. Click on “Wallet”.
3. Once on the Wallet page, click on your bank account and follow the instructions to confirm your bank account.
If your bank account is already confirmed and you’re still unable to use your bank account when shopping using PayPal, please contact Customer Service through the PayPal Help center.
If your question still isn’t answered, the Help Center also has instructions for contacting Customer Service.
For more information, search the PayPal Help Center
Start paying securely with your bank onlineSign Up for Free