Getting Started Center
X-Cart - Shopping Cart Setup Instructions
This guide will show you how to configure X-Cart to use PayPal as your payment processor for both credit cards and PayPal Payments.
Log in to the admin area of your X-Cart account.
In the navigation at the top of the page, hover your mouse over “Settings.”
Under Settings click “Payment methods.”
On the Payment Methods page find the “Using PayPal Express Checkout” box on the right side of the page and click the “Add PayPal” button.
Select "PayPal Payments Standard" under the Settings options and then scroll down to configure the module.
For the fields below, use the following settings:
- Account: Enter the email address you used to sign up for your PayPal account
- Description of the purchase that will be displayed on PayPal payment page: Enter a generic description of the purchase that should be displayed to the customer on the checkout page.
- Currency: Choose your currency. By default, this is set to USD.
- Order prefix: Your trading name or any other prefix that will help you to identify a payment transaction as originating from this store (only required when using the same PayPal account for several online stores).
- Test/Live mode: Choose "Live" mode.
- Action to be performed on order placement: You can choose “Auth and Capture”* or “Authorization only.”**
*Auth and Capture means that a customer’s account will be charged as soon as they make their purchase, the same as a sale transaction. It is simpler to use than authorization only and is recommended for most sellers.
**Authorization Only means that the bank will verify that the customer has enough funds to make the purchase, and guarantees that those funds will be available for the next three (3) days. However you will still need to actually charge them, known as payment capture, later. This is useful if you do not want to charge customers until their item has shipped, for example. Note: You will need to fill out the “API access credentials” fields if you choose this option.
Once you have finished entering your settings, scroll back up to the top of the page and click "Update" to save your settings. You are now ready to accept payments through your shopping cart.