Terms and Conditions
PayPal Here Rebate Offer (“Rebate Offer”)
1. How to receive your Rebate Offer:
Buy a PayPal Here Chip Card Reader (also known as PayPal Chip Card Reader) (hereinafter, “Chip card reader” or “device”) sold by PayPal or authorized U.S. retailers, while supplies last.
In order to be eligible for the rebate:
- The Chip card reader must be purchased by October 31, 2016 and a proof of purchase may be required;
- The Chip card reader must be activated within six (6) months of purchase. Activation occurs when you pair your Chip card reader to a mobile device with the PayPal Here Application installed on it and complete a PayPal Here payment transaction with the Chip card reader. If you do not currently have a U.S. PayPal account, you must create one and activate the Chip card reader using that account.
- You must process at least $3000 within three (3) months of activation. You are required to process this amount through PayPal Here swipe, contactless and chip card transactions. The eligible processing volume will be tracked on the first account activated on the device. Cancelled transactions or returns will not count towards the eligible processing volume.
- You must create or have a verified U.S. PayPal Account in good standing at the time you seek the rebate. You will not be eligible for the Rebate Offer if your PayPal account is locked, closed or restricted.
- You must be a U.S. resident, 18 years of age or older.
Please also see “2. Eligibility” for additional restrictions.
For every new Chip Card Reader you activate, you are eligible to receive a rebate if you process a distinct amount of $3000 within 3 months of activation of that Chip card reader.
For Chip card readers purchased directly from PayPal, the rebate amount will be transferred to the PayPal account paired with the device during activation within 30 days after the end of the month when all rebate requirements were completed. For Chip card readers purchased from authorized U.S. retailers, please contact customer service at 1-877- 569-1136 for assistance in receiving a rebate. By activating your Chip card reader, you agree that your Chip card reader purchase and request for a rebate are subject to these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-877- 569-1136.
The Rebate Offer is subject to all federal, state and local laws. It is void if sold, exchanged, copied or transferred and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. PayPal is not responsible for non-complying rebate requests. Requests from reseller groups, entities or organizations will not be honored. In the event of fraudulent or unauthorized rebate requests, PayPal may refuse the rebate requests or reverse all rebates provided. Accounts must be in good standing with PayPal to be eligible for the rebate. Fraudulent behavior or false claims may make you ineligible for this program and may subject you to liability. PayPal also reserves its right to deny access to future promotional programs if you are found to be engaging in such behavior.
3. Card Reader Return Policy:
The Chip card reader can only be returned to PayPal or the authorized retailer where the Chip card reader was purchased. Please refer to the PayPal Chip Card Reader Full Warranty to check eligibility for a warranty return. For Chip card readers purchased from PayPal, please refer to the PayPal Chip Card Reader Return Policy to understand how returns work. For Chip card readers purchased from an authorized retailer, please contact the retailer for their return policy.
If PayPal issues you a replacement device and you have not yet earned the rebate, you can continue to process toward the rebate with the replacement device and your time period for rebate can be adjusted accordingly. You may contact customer service at 1-877-569-1136 for assistance in receiving a rebate.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
In no event shall PayPal, its parent or subsidiaries, employees or suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this offer or the PayPal service. PayPal’s liability, and the liability of our parent, subsidiaries, employees and suppliers to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to the actual amount of direct damages in any amount not to exceed $1,000. PayPal reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend part or all of this offer at any time without notice. PayPal’s failure to enforce any term of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. PayPal reserves the right to disqualify from this rebate offer any customers who violate the terms and conditions or interfere with this offer in any manner.
5. Governing Law.
These terms and conditions will be interpreted, construed and enforced, and governed in all aspects in accordance with the exclusive jurisdiction and laws of the State of California.
PayPal, Inc., 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131.