Introducing PayPal on Coinstar®.
Add coins and paper money to your account at Coinstar kiosks across the country. Enroll your account, and then find a kiosk with PayPal near you.
Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3
Follow these three easy steps and start turning spare change and loose bills into real money you can start using today.
Everyday ways to use PayPal on Coinstar
PayPal on Coinstar allows you to easily add coins and paper money to your account. Once you do, you can instantly use your funds to make purchases anywhere PayPal is accepted. You can also use the service to directly transfer money to anybody with an email address or mobile phone number. All transactions are, of course, secure.
Small business owners rejoice
PayPal on Coinstar can be useful to your business. You can add money to manage your cash flow, and your customers can also use the service to pay you — when they do, their payments are accessible to you right away.
Frequently asked questions
What does this new Coinstar and PayPal partnership mean for me?
Now you can directly access your PayPal account to add, or send money from a Coinstar kiosk.
Is a Coinstar machine secure?
Absolutely. No matter how you access PayPal, you have the same level of security and protection you can always expect from PayPal. PayPal does not share any of your personal information with Coinstar.
How can I start using PayPal on Coinstar?
Before a PayPal customer can complete a PayPal transaction at a Coinstar kiosk, the account must be enrolled and your account information must be verified. It's quick and easy - click Get Started.
How do I find out if my PayPal account is enrolled for use on a Coinstar kiosk?
Click Get Started. If your account is not enrolled, please follow the instructions to enroll your account.
Is PayPal available on all Coinstar kiosks?
PayPal on Coinstar is currently rolling out nationwide. Visit Coinstar to locate a Coinstar kiosk with PayPal near you. If PayPal on Coinstar is not available in your area, don't worry. More locations are rolling out every day, so check back often.
How do I use PayPal on a Coinstar kiosk?
- Enroll your PayPal account. If you're not sure whether or not your account has been enrolled, click Get Started
- Locate a Coinstar kiosk with PayPal in your area. Visit Coinstar
- Select the PayPal option on the Coinstar kiosk screen
- Follow the instructions on the screen to add, or send money
- Enter the email address or mobile number registered with your PayPal account
- Enter your account PIN or password
- Accept the terms, conditions, and fees
- To add or send money, insert your coins or paper money when prompted, complete your transaction, and take your receipt
What are the service fees?
- To add coins: Coinstar's standard coin counting fee is 9.8% of the coin amount
- To add paper money: $3 for transactions up to $300, $6 for transactions of $301 or more
What minimum and maximum amounts can I add?
- To add coins: $0.01 (one penny) is the minimum amount. $475 is the maximum per calendar month
- To add paper money: $4 is the minimum required ($1 will be added to your account and $3 fee). $500 is the maximum amount you can add to your account per calendar month, not including fees charged
What should I do if I complete a transaction but funds do not show up in my PayPal account?
If you complete a transaction at the Coinstar kiosk and receive a receipt but the funds do not show up in your account, call PayPal customer service 1-888-221-1161. Please have your Coinstar receipt which includes the PayPal transaction ID readily available.
How long should I keep my Coinstar receipt?
We suggest keeping the receipt for at least 30 days or until you see confirmation of your transaction in your PayPal account details. If you sent money to a recipient, retain your receipt until after the recipient confirms their receipt of the funds.
If I don't have a PayPal account, how can I take advantage of this service?
To use PayPal on Coinstar, you must have a PayPal account in good standing, and you must enroll your account to use the service. Click here to sign up for a PayPal account. After signing up for an account, click Get Started to enroll your account.
Does the recipient need a PayPal account before I send them money?
You can send money to a recipient using their email address or mobile phone number. The recipient does not have to have a PayPal account before you send them money. You can send money and the recipient will be notified via an email or a SMS text message that you have sent them money.
The email or text will inform the recipient to log into their PayPal account to retrieve their money. If they do not have a PayPal account, the email or text message will instruct them to establish a U.S. PayPal account to retrieve their funds.
How do I contact Coinstar if I am having a problem?
Call customer service at 1-877-435-5510 for all Coinstar/PayPal transactions.
We're here to help.
Visit our Help Center and submit your questions online to PayPal. Thank you!