Business Resource Center
Manage your business
Help Prevent Losses: Significantly Not As Described (SNAD)
As a business owner, learning how to avoid losses is beneficial to you. Here are some simple and effective tactics you can use to help prevent or minimize “Significantly Not As Described” claims.
- Provide pictures of products from various angles, plus accurate, detailed descriptions, so customers know exactly what they're buying.
- Clearly disclose any functional defects or cosmetic damage to the item(s).
- Make your return policy easy to find and ensure it's clear and up-to-date.
- List realistic estimated delivery dates.
- Answer any questions promptly and clearly.
If you know of an issue that might affect customers, let them know by posting a message in the Resolution Center. For instance, if you know shipments will be delayed due to inclement weather, post that information there. That way, customers can find answers to questions without even initiating a dispute. Please click here to learn more about Customer Service Messaging.
- If a buyer does contact you with an issue, being helpful and keeping the tone of communications positive may help a small problem from growing into a larger one.