Business Resource Center
Manage your business
Customer Service Message
Create a Customer Service Message to help prevent disputes and claims
Providing great customer service can go a long way and can even help prevent disputes and claims. If customers are able to get in touch with you about a problem with their purchase, they’ll be less likely to file a dispute or claim. Use the Customer Service Message to tell customers how to get in touch with you or to notify them about shipping delays. You can provide your customer service phone number, email address or support website in the message. Customers will see this information before they submit their dispute or claim.
Here are some example messages:
- Shipments to New York may be delayed by 5-7 days because of the weather.
- To request a refund, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-888-8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to create a Customer Service Message
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile at the top right of the page, and then select Business Setup.
- On the "My Profile" page, click My Selling Tools in the left column.
- Click update next to “Customer service message” in the “Getting paid and managing my risk” section.
- Enter your Customer Service Message and contact information.
- Click Preview to see how your Customer Service Message will be displayed to customers.
- Click Back to editing to return to the previous page and edit or save the message.
- Click Save once you are happy with how your message is displayed.
Creating your customer service message