Why can't I transfer money from my PayPal account?
If you’re getting an error message when trying to transfer money, here are some possible reasons and what you can do:
- There’s a limitation on your PayPal account that blocks the transfer functionality temporarily.
- Our security system may have detected an unusual activity. We need to confirm that you’re the one authorizing this transfer.
- Your debit card or bank account may not be eligible to process Instant Transfer.
- The information you entered when linking your bank account doesn’t match what your bank has on file.
- Link an eligible debit card and try instant transfer.
- Link a bank account and try instant or standard transfer.
- Get a PayPal Cash card for direct access to your PayPal account balance.
- Request a check to be mailed to you.
If you were able to request a transfer but it’s showing up as “Pending”, normally it just needs some additional time to go through our internal review.