What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?
Starting March 29, 2019 we changed the way our personal accounts work in the United States.
U.S. personal account holders who want to keep money in PayPal or use other features that rely on a balance need to have a balance account linked to their personal account. PayPal offers two types of balance accounts: PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus.
- Send money to someone or spend online using linked banks and cards
- Receive money and transfer it to a linked debit card or bank
- Split a bill or send money cross-border using linked banks and cards
- Sign up for and use PayPal Credit
- Set up a Money Pool
- Send money using balance
- Hold a balance
- Shop in-store with balance with Google Pay and Samsung Pay where accepted
- Get the PayPal Cash Card Debit Mastercard® (or the PayPal Business Debit Mastercard®)
- Set up direct deposit to automatically add pay checks to balance
- Get FDIC coverage for balance if you have a PayPal Cash Mastercard
- Get cash with the PayPal Cash Mastercard or the PayPal app at ATMs
- Add money to balance in stores with the PayPal app or by swiping the PayPal Cash Mastercard
- Get cash at Walmart with the PayPal app
- Scan a check to add it to balance with the PayPal app