What's Pay with Rewards and how do I use it?
Pay with Rewards lets you use rewards for eligible purchases at millions of online stores that accept PayPal.
How do I know if my credit card rewards are eligible for Pay with Rewards?
You can check if your credit card rewards are eligible here or by checking with your reward card issuer.
How do I link my credit card rewards to my PayPal account?
To link your credit card rewards to your PayPal account, follow these steps:
- Go to your Wallet.
- Click Link your rewards under the card you want to enroll.
- Click Get started.
- Click Agree and Link.
To unlink your credit card rewards from PayPal, click Details on your card page then click Stop Using rewards with PayPal.
What if I don't have enough rewards to cover my purchase?
If you don't have enough rewards to cover a purchase, we’ll charge any remaining amount to the same card you use for collecting rewards.
You won’t be able to select another payment option or combine rewards from other programs if you use your rewards for the transaction.
Pay with Rewards may sometimes not appear at checkout because:
- The rewards program is not supported by PayPal. You can check here for a list of supported rewards programs. You can also check your credit card reward details and terms and conditions.
- Pay with Rewards is not available for all merchants and payment types including send money, recurring payments, billing agreements and in-store transactions.
- Your current reward balance is zero. Once you accumulate a reward balance, you’ll see it at checkout or in your Wallet.
- You may have opted out from Pay with Rewards. To check, go to your Wallet and verify you’ve linked your rewards card.
If you have an American Express card, please check here for more details.