How do I open a dispute with a seller?
Contacting the seller is often the best way to solve a problem. You can find their contact details by going to your Activity and selecting the payment. They may be able to issue a refund or help with a return.
You can open a dispute within 180 days of the payment date. Here’s how:
- Go to your Resolution Center and click Report a Problem. (The Resolution Center is only accessible on a web browser, not the PayPal app.)
- Select the payment and click Continue.
- Select the reason for your dispute, such as:
- I didn’t receive the item I purchased
- The product or service is not as described
- I have a billing issue
In a dispute, you can exchange messages with the seller in your Resolution Center to try to solve the problem. If you’re unable to settle the dispute, you can escalate it to a claim. By escalating it to a claim, you’re asking PayPal to investigate and decide the outcome. A dispute will automatically close after 20 days unless it’s been escalated.
You can check the progress of a dispute or claim at any time in your Resolution Center.