How do I renew or change my API Signature or Certificate credentials?
*The feature is only available for Business accounts.
Here’s how to renew or change your existing API Signature or Certificate credentials:
- Log in to your PayPal Live or Sandbox account.
- Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
- Click Account access under "Account & Security" on the left of the page.
- In the API access section, click Update.
- Select the View API Signature or View API Certificate options.
- Choose the appropriate Remove option.
- For API Signature, click Remove.
- For API Certificate, click Remove Certificate.
- Confirm that you wish to remove the existing API credentials.
- Restart the API Signature or Certificate request process.
- If you remove existing API information from your PayPal account, and you have an application that’s currently using this information, this action will break that application. Keep this in mind if you need to generate new API information.
- If you have two active certificates, you need to remove one in order to renew any API Certificate.