My PayPal Here Card Reader is not working. Can you help me?
If your PayPal mobile card reader isn’t working, here are some things to try:
- Make sure the PayPal Here mobile card reader is compatible with your phone.
- Launch the PayPal Here app before using the mobile card reader.
- Make sure the mobile card reader is firmly plugged into the audio jack, and that the phone case isn’t in the way.
- Slide the front right corner of the reader down so that it locks onto your phone.
- Make sure the volume is turned all the way up, the mic is turned on, and your phone’s Location services setting is turned on.
- Swipe cards slowly, in one continuous motion.
If your new PayPal Here chip card reader is having issues connecting via Bluetooth to your phone, please ensure you follow the pairing steps:
- Turn on the Chip Card reader. If you are pairing for the first time, make sure to enable Bluetooth on your phone or tablet. Once enabled, the Bluetooth icon will blink quickly.
- On Apple devices, your Chip Card reader will automatically appear
- On Android devices:
- Select Scan.
- Select the PayPal Here Chip card reader which matches the number on your card reader screen.
- Open the PayPal Here app.
For more ‘how to’ videos for the chip card reader, go to www.paypal.com/emv.
Visit our Resource Center to find what you need to successfully manage and grow your business with PayPal Here.