When and how should I contact eBay?
eBay and PayPal are now separate companies, which means we're no longer part of the same group of companies but we remain committed to helping our mutual customers.
Here are some common scenarios when you would need to contact eBay, not PayPal:
- If you have a problem with an eBay transaction and did NOT use PayPal to make the purchase.
- If you’re disputing an eBay transaction and started the dispute in the eBay Resolution Center.
- If you have problems or questions about printing or cancelling eBay shipping labels.
- If you have questions about eBay fees.
If you need more help, here's a list of common questions our customers have about eBay:
I'm trying to pay for an eBay item and my payment won't go through.
I have a problem with something I bought on eBay. What can I do?
How do I find eBay shipping fees?
Why is my payment from a sale on eBay on hold?
Can I use PayPal Credit when I shop on eBay?
I’m trying to pay for an eBay item and my payment won’t go through.
First, make sure your eBay payment did not go through by logging into your PayPal account and viewing your payment history and status by clicking Activity at the top of the page. If the payment in question does not show in your PayPal account activity, please try to make the payment again. If you’re still having problems making your payment, click here for additional troubleshooting tips.
I have a problem with something that I bought on eBay. What can I do?
If you have a problem with something you bought on eBay. First, get in touch with the seller and try to work it out. Give the seller a chance to make things right.
If you can’t work it out, you can ask eBay for help by opening a dispute in the eBay Resolution Center. Click here for additional information about how to get help from eBay. These links will redirect you to eBay’s website.
- Click Reports at the top of the page.
- Click Transaction and select Transaction finder.
- Change the transaction type to "Shipping" and use "eBay" as your search keyword.
- Click Search.
- To download your report, choose the type of file you want to download and click Download.
- This will create a quarterly report of eBay shipping charges, listing a total dollar amount at the bottom.
- You may repeat this process for each quarter then add up the figures to obtain your full year’s shipping charges.
- You’re a new seller (whether on or off eBay);
- You have a “Below Standard” seller rating on eBay; or
- The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern.
- At least 25 transactions
- $250.00 USD in sales
- 90 days since your first sale
- If you provide tracking information (UPS, USPS, or FedEx) and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available three days after we can confirm the delivery date.
- Pending payments are generally released three days after we can confirm delivery, but sometimes the delivery information takes a bit longer to update. If it’s been three days and your payment is still pending, the information is still processing and the payment should be available soon. Please note that pending payments can’t be released before you meet these requirements.
- If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped on the Transaction Details page, your payment should be available after the item is marked as shipped (seven days for domestic or 14 days for international shipments).
- Buyers can also mark the item as received in the Transaction Details page, which will release the payment three days afterwards. The buyer confirmation option will be available after the item has been marked as processed or shipped.
- If the payment was for a service, mark the payment as processed and your payment should be available in seven days for domestic or 14 days for international payments.
- If you fulfill the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report any issues with the transaction.
- List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items
- Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs and methods
- Ship promptly
- Upload tracking
- Define your return policy upfront
- Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner
- Review all communications from PayPal
Yes! Look for the PayPal Credit option on the “Choose Payment Method” page, or when you check out with PayPal. If you don't see the option for PayPal Credit, it isn't available for your specific purchase. PayPal Credit can be used for most purchases on eBay, except in the following categories: adult, digital goods, weapons, alcohol, and vehicles. (PayPal Credit is available for auto parts and accessories.)
If you have questions about your PayPal credit account, please contact PayPal.
If you have questions about your eBay purchase, please contact eBay.