How do I dispute a PayPal Credit purchase?
Before disputing a PayPal Credit purchase, we recommend attempting to resolve the issue with the merchant. If you aren’t able to do so, you have the following options to submit a dispute:
- Dispute with PayPal through the Resolution Center. (deep link)
- Dispute directly through PayPal Credit.
- If you file a dispute through PayPal Credit, the transaction will no longer be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.
Here’s how to initiate a PayPal dispute.
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a problem.
- Select the reason for your dispute and click Continue.
If your PayPal Credit purchase was made through PayPal but isn't showing up on your PayPal account, send us a secure email or call us.
If you used PayPal Credit outside of your PayPal wallet, then you’ll have to dispute directly through PayPal Credit.
Here's how to file directly with PayPal Credit.
- Submit a dispute thorugh the PayPal Resolution Center (if your PayPal Credit account is linked to a PayPal account).
- Send a letter to: PayPal Credit, P.O. Box 5018, Timonium, MD 21094. Please include (1) your name and account number, (2) the dollar amount of the suspected error and (3) what you think is wrong and why you believe it was a mistake.
- Submit a Dispute Investigation Form (along with supporting documentation) by mail to: PayPal Credit, P.O. Box 5018, Timonium, MD 21094.
- Submit a dispute by calling Customer Service at 1-888-879-8801.
Don’t see your PayPal Credit purchase on your PayPal account? Email us by clicking Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.
You must notify us of any potential errors no later than 60 days after the error first appeared on your billing statement. You can email us, but if you do, we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.