How do I remove a debit or credit card from my PayPal account?
Here's how to remove a debit or credit card:
- Click Wallet at the top of the page.
- Click the card you want to remove.
- Click Remove card.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You may not be able to remove a card depending of your pending transaction, or if your card was the backup payment method for a recent instant bank payment. Wait a few days and try again.
- You may not be able to remove your card if you have a negative balance in your PayPal account. In this situation, you must bring your balance to zero or higher to remove your card.
- If you remove your only card and have a confirmed bank account, you’ll no longer be able to make instant bank payments. Instead, they’ll be sent as eChecks, which take up to 4 business days to process.