Your PayPal balance will always be used first when adding money to your Acorns account. If there is not enough money in your balance to cover the entire amount, the bank account that you selected to fund your Acorns account will be used to cover the entire amount.
How do I add money to my Acorns account using my PayPal account?
To make a one-time transfer to your Acorns account:
1. On the Summary page of your PayPal account, click Acorns Account under Investing with Acorns.
2. Click Transfer Money, then Make a one-time investment.
3. Enter the amount of your investment and click Next.
4. Review the details of your transfer and click Add Money.
Once Acorns receives the money, it will be invested and reflected in your Acorns account. It may take up to 4 business days for the balance to be reflected in your Acorns account if transferring money from your PayPal balance, and up to 3 additional business days if transferring money from your linked bank account.
To schedule recurring transfers from your PayPal account to your Acorns account:
- On the Summary page of your PayPal account, click Acorns Account under Investing with Acorns.
- Click Manage on Acorns.
- You’ll be redirected to the Acorns website, where you can schedule recurring transfers.
You were logged out to help protect your account.