How do I report unauthorized PayPal account activity?
If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorize, let us know right away in the Resolution Center:
- Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center near the bottom, on the left side of the page.
- Click Dispute a Transaction.
- Select Unauthorized transaction and click Continue.
- Follow the steps to report the transaction.
Remember, you’re 100% protected against unauthorized transactions sent from your account.
Be sure to check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past.
Here's how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address.
- Click Cancel.
You were logged out to help protect your account.