These terms apply to you and your use of the Pay Later Messaging Center (the, “Program Terms”) in addition to any other agreement you have with PayPal, including the PayPal User Agreement. Please familiarize yourself with the general terms of the PayPal Advertising Program that apply to you under that agreement.
The PayPal Advertising Program enables qualifying merchants to place pay over time promotional messaging regarding PayPal’s consumer credit products and buttons (together, “Credit Messaging”) hosted by PayPal on their websites and through other channels as may be made available by PayPal from time to time. To participate in the PayPal Advertising Program with respect to PayPal’s consumer credit products (available to eligible US consumers only), you must have an eligible integration, unless authorized by us in writing. See our FAQs for more information on eligibility.
Follow instructions on the Get Started page. The content on the Pay Later Messaging Center site is to be used solely for the purpose of displaying Credit Messaging on your website and may not be used for any other purpose (other than those that are affirmatively enabled by us through the Pay Later Messaging Center).
The terms of PayPal’s consumer credit products, including duration and threshold, are firm and cannot be changed, unless authorized by PayPal in writing. Should the terms of PayPal’s consumer credit products be updated from what is offered today, the hosted banners will automatically update, assuming the code was integrated correctly.
If you participate in the PayPal Advertising Program with respect to PayPal’s consumer credit products, you must comply with the following requirements. If you do not comply with these requirements, PayPal reserves the right to restrict your ability to offer PayPal’s consumer credit products, or take other action as deemed necessary.
- You must have an eligible integration (as stated above), to display Credit Messaging on your website.
- If you stop using an eligible integration, you must immediately remove all Credit Messaging from your websites and customer communications and/or cooperate with PayPal or your third party provider to do so.
- You must comply with Credit Messaging integration requirements provided by PayPal or authorized third party providers to ensure that Credit Messaging is accurately presented.
- The images on the Pay Later Messaging Center, and in particular on the Get Started page, are for placement and demonstration only. You must download the official code to use and display the Credit Messaging. Do not attempt to copy the messaging or buttons in any way. Do not attempt to remove the watermarks.
- You are prohibited from modifying Credit Messaging or altering the presentation in any way.
- You are prohibited from copying Credit Messaging from other websites. Instead, you must use the code as provided by PayPal to place Credit Messaging.
- You are prohibited from creating, hosting, and displaying your own Credit Messaging or other content related to PayPal’s consumer credit products on your websites or in customer communications, unless authorized by PayPal in writing.
- You must use the Credit Messaging in its entirety with all the links and language provided by PayPal.
- You may not post Credit Messaging on social media networks or platforms, unless authorized by PayPal in writing.
- Credit Messaging may be changed by PayPal at any time for any reason. PayPal may also discontinue any Credit Messaging, the PayPal Advertising Program, and/or any of PayPal’s consumer credit products, at any time, at its sole discretion. If Credit Messaging on your website or customer communications fails to automatically update, you will cooperate with PayPal to (i) manually update the Credit Messaging as it appears on your websites or customer communications; (ii) repair or reinstall the code to facilitate future updates; and (iii) remove any non-current messaging or any of PayPal’s consumer credit product terms from your websites.
- If you receive customer inquiries relating to PayPal Credit, then you must direct the customer to PayPal Credit Customer Support at (844) 373-4961.
- If you receive customer inquiries relating to PayPal, then you must direct the customer to PayPal Customer Support.
- If a customer is unable to process a transaction using any of PayPal’s consumer credit products, you are prohibited from communicating any reason for the customer's decline.
- If you fail to comply with any requirements as communicated by PayPal or authorized third party providers with respect to these Program Terms, then you will be liable for any resulting damages suffered by PayPal or any third parties.
- PayPal reserves the right to update or amend these Program Terms at any time.