What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve sexually oriented goods and services?
We permit U.S.-only transactions for certain sexually oriented physical goods that are physically delivered to the customer. Videos, DVDs, and magazines are examples of physical goods. We don't allow transactions for such goods outside the U.S.
We don't permit PayPal account holders to buy or sell:
- Sexually oriented digital goods or content delivered through a digital medium. Examples of digital goods include downloadable pictures or videos and website subscriptions.
- Sexually oriented goods or services that involve, or appear to involve, minors.
- Services whose purpose is to facilitate meetings for sexually oriented activities.
We don’t factor in sexual preferences and viewpoints when determining what our policy prohibits.
In deciding what sexually oriented goods and services to allow, we consider:
- Regulations or restrictions placed on the purchase or sale of the product.
- The product’s classification by a recognized ratings board.
- Whether the product describes or depicts sexual conduct in a patently offensive way.
- The dominant theme of the product material or website.
- The literary, artistic, political, or scientific value of the product.
- Potential medicinal or educational uses for the product.
- The product's impact on the safety of our customers.
Was this article helpful?