|What is Website Payments Standard?|
Website Payments Standard enables you to accept online payments from customers with -- or without -- PayPal accounts.
What do my buyers see when they check out?
- Accept all major credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover), eChecks, bank transfers, and PayPal accounts.
- Easily create payment buttons (like Buy Now and Add to Cart) for your websites with PayPal tools. You design the button features, and the tools generate all the HTML code for you.
Your customers go through a 4-step process to pay for a purchase:
- They click the payment buttons next to the selected items.
- If they have a PayPal account, they log into PayPal. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they enter all their payment information on a web page protected by PayPal.
- They review and complete the purchase on PayPal.
- They return to your website.
For an illustration, refer to the section "Your customers' experience" on the Website Payments Standard Overview page or view the demo.Do my buyers need a PayPal account to pay me?
No. They can pay with their credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) — all without having a PayPal account.How do I create payment buttons?
Go to the Website Payments Standard Overview page, then click the link for the button you want to use. You will be taken to that button’s overview page. Once there, click the "Get Buttons" link to create your payment buttons.Does Website Payments Standard include a shopping cart?
Yes. PayPal provides a free, simple shopping cart. All you do is create the "Add to Cart" and "View Cart" buttons with easy-to-use tools.
You can also choose any of the hundreds of shopping carts pre-integrated with Website Payments Standard.Does Website Payments Standard support multiple currencies?
Yes. You can buy, sell, send, or receive payments globally in currencies supported by PayPal.Does Website Payments Standard calculate shipping and taxes?
Yes. Website Payments Standard offers shipping and tax calculators for both domestic and international sales in countries where PayPal is available.
All tax and shipping calculators are located in your PayPal account profile.What kind of reporting does Website Payments Standard have?
Website Payments Standard offers a variety of reporting tools:
Can I send invoices?
- History log
- Downloadable logs
- Settlement and reconciliation system
- Monthly account statements
Invoicing tools are available within the Email Payments tool.Can I customize my PayPal checkout pages with my company’s look and feel?
Yes. You can easily use your site’s logo and color scheme at the top of your checkout pages on PayPal. Your customers will feel as if they are staying on your website for the entire purchase. Tools for customizing your checkout pages are in your PayPal profile.How long does it take for funds to show up in my PayPal account?
Just a few minutes -- when customers pay with credit or debit cards or a balance in their PayPal accounts. Payments made with eChecks take longer, because they have to clear the bank.What is the difference between Website Payments Standard and Website Payments Pro?
Website Payments Standard
- Your customers shop on your website and pay on a secure PayPal page.
- Minimal technical skills required to integrate it with your website.
- Begin creating payment buttons immediately after you create a PayPal Business or Premier account.
- Low-cost solution: no monthly, start-up, or cancellation fees – and no annual commitment.
Website Payments Pro
Can I take orders by phone, fax, or mail?
Your customers shop and pay on your website.
Programming skills required to integrate it with your website.
Pro application and approval (2-3 days) required after you create a PayPal Business or Premier account.
Monthly fee applies.
Yes. You can use Virtual Terminal to process phone, fax, or mail orders. Use Virtual Terminal together with Website Payments Standard to reach more customers.Does Website Payments Standard let me accept recurring payments?
Yes. Website Payments Standard supports recurring payments for subscriptions and donations.
How to get started
- Sign up for a Business or Premier account.
- Verify your information.
- Set up Website Payments Standard.