How does PayPal work
Setting up a PayPal account is quick and easy...
Add a way to pay and you're all set to shop!
It takes minutes to set up your account and you can start paying with PayPal straight away using your debit or credit card - you'll still earn card reward points too.
- All you need to open a PayPal account is your email address
- Add your debit card, credit card and bank details so you can choose how you pay each time you buy
- Start shopping online, entering only your email address and password at checkout
The result: safer, easier online shopping with the flexibility to choose how you pay.
You only need your email address to get started. Once you securely store your financial details with PayPal, all you need to pay online is your email address and password.
- Step 1: Click the 'Sign up free' button
- Step 2: Select the account type that you need
- Step 3: Enter your personal information and your bank or card details
Welcome to safer, easier online shopping!
If you want to make PayPal payments direct from your bank account and transfer money to and from your PayPal account, you'll need to set up a Direct Debit agreement and confirm that you are the owner of your bank account. Here's how:
- Step 1: Set up a Direct Debit with PayPal then check your bank account for 2 small amounts we deposit
- Step 2: Log in to your PayPal account and click the 'Confirm bank account' link on the right
- Step 3: Enter the amounts
Done! Your bank account is confirmed and you have choice and control over how you pay and manage your money.
We all forget our password sometimes, often at the most annoying moments! Take care of it before it happens by setting up 2 security questions for your PayPal account.
- Step 1: Log in to your PayPal account
- Step 2: Click the security questions link on the right
- Step 3: Select your questions and enter the answers
If you forget any of your login deatils, just click the 'Problem with login?' link in the login box on paypal.co.uk.