Take phone and mail order payments virtually anywhere
Turn your computer, smartphone or tablet into a card terminal and quickly process payments over the phone or by mail order.
- All you need is Internet access to process payments - no card terminal, no software
- For use on desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets
- You and up to 200 staff can use at the same time in multiple locations
- £20 monthly fee, transaction fees and no hidden costs (See pricing)
Get paid virtually anywhere
Virtual Terminal lets you take payments on your computer, smartphone or tablet wherever you have Internet access - giving you the freedom and flexibility to do business wherever you and your customers are. Simply log in to your PayPal Business account, enter the order and the customer’s payment details, and you’re done. All major cards are accepted and the money is in your PayPal account in minutes.
Keep costs down
Virtual Terminal makes the savings add up fast. There's no need to buy expensive equipment to process card payments as all you need is PayPal account and a device to access the internet. You don't need a traditional merchant account and you won't pay set-up or cancellation charges. Just one monthly fee, transaction fees and no hidden costs.
Compliance is in your court
With Virtual Terminal, the control really is in your hands and that includes your responibility for compliance. You'll be handling credit and debit card data directly which means you'll need to fulfill Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), also known as PCI compliance. We can support you through the process of becoming PCI compliant if you need it.
Virtual Terminal was fundamental when we were starting our business and setting up our website. And even now that we're all set up online, we still have four trained staff who continue to take phone orders. We found that PayPal's fees were lower than other competitors and Virtual Terminal allowed us to reach more customers, especially those who weren't as confident shopping online. It gave us better reach and we saw an increase in our overall sales.Chris Rawlings, Director, Corsets-UK
1. You log in to Virtual TerminalWhen you're ready to process a payment, you go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account. Then click the link for Virtual Terminal.
2. You enter the orderYou enter the order details and card information. If you're posting an item, you also include the delivery details.
3. You complete the transactionYou'll receive a confirmation for successful transactions. You'll then have the option to print a receipt or packing slip, or process another payment.
4. You get paidWhen your customer's payment reaches your PayPal account, you can transfer the money to your bank account or spend it online at the millions of websites where PayPal is accepted.
|Your monthly sales||up to £1,500||£1,500 - £6,000||£6,000 - £15,000||£15,000 - £55,000||+ £55,000|
|Transaction fee||3.4% + 20p||2.9% + 20p*||2.4% + 20p*||1.9% + 20p*||1.4% + 20p*|
|1.4% + 20p|
|Micropayments**||5% + 5p|
| * You can apply for these Merchant Rates if you’ve received more than £1,500.00 GBP in PayPal payments in the previous calendar month. If you’re eligible for these Merchant Rates, log in to your PayPal account and apply via the online form. Please note that 1.4%+20p transaction rate does not apply to Pro. |
** You can apply for Micropayments if your average transaction is under £5. To apply call us on 0844 338 0470
This pricing table shows the transaction fees for domestic payments in UK Sterling. Additional charges apply for currency conversions and cross border payments as well as refunds and chargebacks.