How can we help?
Select a PayPal Credit help topic using the menu or use the search bar. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please contact us.
1. How do I apply?
2. What if I don’t have a PayPal account?
Signing up for a PayPal account is free and easy; all you need to do is provide your email address, create a password and accept our User Agreement.
3. How long does it take to apply for/receive PayPal Credit?
4. I have a business account. How can I sign up for PayPal Credit?
About PayPal Credit
1. What is PayPal Credit?
2. How does the 0% for 4 months offer work?
Any remaining balance due after the 4-month promotional period or any transactions under £150 will be charged at 17.9% p.a (variable). If you fail to make minimum repayments on time or in certain other circumstances, PayPal may remove your offer. Please see the Credit Agreement for more details.
3. How do instalment offers with PayPal Credit work?
Subject to application, merchant and status, these instalment offers allow you to choose a set number of monthly payments of differing amounts and at varying interest rates. If you already have PayPal Credit, you can take advantage of these offers without having to reapply as long as you have enough available credit limit.
Find out where we offer instalments
4. How much will my credit line be?
Make a Payment
1. How do I make a payment?
You can also make a payment by calling PayPal Customer Service on 0800 368 7155. Through customer services, we can accept payment via any debit card, even those not linked to your PayPal account.
2. How do I set up a direct debit?
- Log into your PayPal account and select PayPal Credit
- Select “Set up a direct debit payment”
- Choose how much you want to pay each month and from which bank account.
To add a new bank account to your PayPal account:
- Log in to your account
- Select “wallet”
- Choose “add a bank account”.
- Once a bank is added, you can make payments directly to your PayPal Credit account or set up a direct debit.
3. When will my Direct Debit start?
- the minimum amount due
- the last statement balance
- any "other amount" in between each month.
If you choose to pay any "other amount", it is important to note that the Direct Debit will not start on your next due date. It is likely to start the following month. Please be sure to make a single payment the month you set it up to avoid missing any payment due. We will tell you when you’re setting up the Direct Debit exactly when it will take effect from.
4. I just opened up a PayPal Credit account, when is my payment due?
5. Can I setup payment due reminder alerts?
6. How long does it take for payments to reflect on my account?
7. What if I can’t pay?
- England and Wales www.citizensadvice.org.uk
- Northern Ireland (Advice NI) www.adviceni.net
- Scotland (Citizens Advice Scotland) www.cas.org.uk
8. I’ve been using PayPal for a while now. How can I find out when my PayPal Credit bill payment is due?
Manage your account
1. How do I manage my account?
Once logged in you can see:
- Current and last statement balance
- Minimum payment due and due date
- Available credit and credit limit
- Payments made
- Statements and statement history
2. Where can I find my statements?
- Login to your PayPal account and select PayPal Credit
- Select "See statements"
- You can view all statements online as well as download them as PDFs
3. How can I update my contact details?
- Login to your PayPal account
- Select the “Settings” icon
- Update your contact details
4. How do I increase my credit limit?
5. How do I close my PayPal Credit account?
To close your account, you can call our PayPal Credit customer service team on 0800 368 7155.
Using PayPal Credit
1. Where can I use PayPal Credit?
We also offer instalment offers at select merchants. Find out where
2. How do I select PayPal Credit as my funding source?
- At checkout, choose to pay with PayPal
- Simply change the payment source to PayPal Credit
- Confirm and Pay
3. Will I receive alerts on my mobile phone for transaction made on my account?
4. Are there any businesses or types of goods for which I cannot use PayPal Credit?
Excluded categories include merchants selling adult content, stored value cards, and gambling. You can only use PayPal Credit for transactions in GBP.
5. Can I transfer money to family and friends or my bank account using my PayPal Credit?
6. Can I get cash with my credit account?
7. Can I use my PayPal Credit for “Invoice" or "Money Request”?
8. Does PayPal Credit protect me from unauthorised charges?
Here's how to report an unauthorised transaction:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
- Click Dispute a transaction
- Select the item you wish to dispute, Click "Continue", and follow the rest of the instructions provided to submit your dispute.
9. I have upgraded to a business account and now I can no longer see all of my PayPal Credit information/ functions, why is this case?
- Log in
- Select “PayPal Credit”
1. Are there any fees I should be aware of?
If you’re late with a payment, PayPal may charge you a late payment fee of £12.
You may be charged a return payment fee of £12 if you have insufficient funds to cover the payment.
Statements (Paper Copy)
We also charge a fee of £5 if you request that we send you a printed copy of a previous statement. All statements are available to download or view online within the PayPal Credit section of your PayPal account.
For more information on how these fees apply, please refer to the Outline of Credit, the Standard European Consumer Credit Information document or the Credit Agreement.
2. Is there an annual fee?
1. I have been declined for PayPal Credit. Why?
If you want to re-apply, you will be able to 35 days after your last application.
2. What is a Representative APR and what is the Representative APR for PayPal?
The Representative Annual Percentage Rate for a PayPal Credit account is 17.9% (variable) per annum. This is also the standard rate of interest that will apply to your purchases.
Sometimes we’ll run promotional offers with a lower rate of interest (such as 0% interest per annum for 4 months). Your standard rate of interest will not apply to transactions charged at a lower interest rate during the promotional offer period. See your Credit Agreement for more details.
We may offer to increase your standard interest rate by giving you at least 30 days’ notice. For more information on when we would do this please see your Credit Agreement.
3. What does subject to approval mean?
4. Is there a cooling off period if I want to close my PayPal Credit account?
5. What currency does PayPal Credit Support?
6. I accidently used PayPal Credit for a purchase how can I clear my purchase.
7. Does PayPal Buyer Protection apply to my PayPal Credit purchases?
For full information on eligibility, see our User Agreement.
8. What is the difference between Pay After Delivery and PayPal Credit?
We pay the seller immediately, so they can send you the item straight away, but we wait for 14 days before we debit the money from your bank account. This gives you time to receive and view your item before you pay. If the item doesn't arrive or isn't what you expected, you’ve 180 days from the transaction date to report a problem as usual. Our Buyer Protection can cover you for eligible items.
1. How can I contact you if I have any further questions?
Hours of service:
Monday to Friday 8am to 8.30pm (GMT)
Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6.30pm (GMT)
If you’re calling from outside the UK, call 0044 800 368 7155
Fax: 020 8080 6518
Alternatively, if you’re an existing customer you can use our secure message centre for all account related enquiries by logging into your PayPal Account.
17.9% APR (variable)
Purchase interest rate
17.9% p.a. (variable)
Assumed Credit limit
* The minimum payment due still applies to 0% offer balances. Any remaining balance due after the 4-month promotional period or any transactions under £150 will be charged interest at 17.9% p.a. (variable). In order to maintain the 0% offer, you need to keep up monthly repayments and stay within your credit limit. Credit subject to status. Terms and conditions apply. UK residents only. PayPal Credit is trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg RCS Luxembourg B 118 349.
Apply for PayPal Credit nowApply Now