Fundraise online with our affordable solutions
However you collect funds, we have affordable options trusted by not-for-profits and millions of donors all over the world
- Accept payments from all major cards
- Discounted rates for registered charities (See pricing)
- No set-up charges, no monthly fees, no cancellation fees
- Millions of people prefer to pay with PayPal
Simply add payment buttons to your website
The most popular option for not-for-profits is our Donate button. You can add it to your site just by copying and pasting a few lines of code. It's the same for our Subscribe button which lets you accept recurring payments from your donors.
If you already accept card payments online, add our Express Checkout solution to your current solution for donors who prefer paying with PayPal. If you're looking for more payments options, you can see all of our solutions here.
Keep your costs down
PayPal offers a lower transaction fee rate for registered charities and it's easy to apply. You only pay when you accept a donation and there are no monthly fees or extra fees for setup, statements, withdrawals or cancellation. See pricing
Be in good company
Some of the UK's top charities such as Comic Relief, Oxfam, Stand up to Cancer, DEC and Children In Need as well as thousands of not-for-profit organisations use PayPal to accept donations on their website. Donors love the convenience and security of PayPal, while not-for-profits can boost donations and lower cost.
Trusted by your donors
With PayPal, donors can trust that their contributions are secure and their financial information will not be shared with the organisation. And since we host the payment pages, you don’t have to worry about collecting, protecting, or securely transmitting their payment information.
PayPal has made it incredibly easy for anyone to donate to Comic Relief in a few clicks, with 62% of PayPal donations during our busiest time being made from a mobile device. This helped us to reach an incredible final total of over £100 million in 2013.Phil Latham, Head of Future Media and Technology
Discounted rates for Non-Profits with PayPal
After verifying a "Non-Profit" PayPal account and completing your Business Profile you can send an email request for the reduced non-profit rates. To apply you should include a registered charity number or evidence of tax-exempt status and authorisation by an official representative from your website or on letter-headed paper. You will also need to supply a detailed explanation of how you plan to use the PayPal account.
1. Someone decides to donate on your siteDonors choose to support your cause and enter the amount they wish to donate.
2. The donor enters their payment detailsYour donors are taken to a secure payment page on PayPal's site showing the amount they have decided to donate. To pay by credit card, they fill out the easy payment form. If they prefer to pay using PayPal, they log in to their PayPal account and pay in as few as three clicks. Before completing the payment, your donors see a summary to review key information.
3. The donor views their payment confirmationUpon completion, your donors see a payment confirmation page that they can print for their records. They’ll also receive a confirmation email. You’ll get one too.
4. The donor returns to your siteYour donors can be sent back to your site immediately after payment. You choose where they go, perhaps to a thank you page or back to your home page. (Set this up in your Website Payment Preferences on the Profile tab.) We'll send you their contact information for future appeals.
5. You collect the donationWhen your donor's payment goes into your PayPal account, you can transfer the money to a bank account (bank transfers usually take 3-5 days to clear) or spend it online anywhere PayPal is accepted.