FAQs - PayPal on your mobile
It's easy: select the PayPal app from your handset's app store
or go to m.paypal.com/uk in your handset's browser. Then simply log in to PayPal to check your balance, send money to friends and family or view transactions.
For even faster access to your PayPal account, you can activate your phone to create a personalised login PIN code - so you don't have to type a long password into your mobile touchpad. You can do this by logging in to your PayPal account and updating your phone settings under 'Profile'.
- Log in to your PayPal account online at www.paypal.co.uk and go to your Profile.
Select the 'Phones and Mobile Payments' option and click on 'Activate Payments'.
- Create a personal PIN which for easy login on your mobile touchpad.
Your mobile number and PIN are then set up as your additional PayPal login details. PayPal can then link your mobile phone number to your PayPal account, just like we do with your email address, to ensure payments sent to your mobile are automatically credited to your account.
Sending Money By Phone
1. Download the PayPal app or enter m.paypal.com/uk into your mobile browser.
2. Select the recipient from your contacts or type in the email address or mobile phone number.
3. Enter the amount you want to send and confirm the transaction with your PayPal login details.
The money is sent in minutes and the recipient will receive an email or text message confirming that the money is in their PayPal account.
Buying by phone
If you have an iPhone, simply download the eBay Mobile app and you're ready to search, bid on auction items or purchase Buy It Now items. And what's more, you can complete the transaction by paying the seller with PayPal directly on your mobile, so you get your item faster. For all other phones, use eBay's mobile internet service on mobile.ebay.co.uk
Yes, many top retailers such as Nike, Halfords, All Saints, Maplin, Just Giving and L.K. Bennett offer PayPal as a payment option on their mobile websites or applications.
- Paying with PayPal on your mobile is simple, fast and secure
- Look for the 'Check out with PayPal' button when buying from your mobile, then just log in to PayPal using your phone number and PayPal PIN.
- There's no need to enter your credit card details or address
Your transactions will be listed in your PayPal account just like any other PayPal online transaction.
The PayPal inStore app lets you shop on the high street using PayPal on your mobile phone. When you want to make a payment in a shop that accepts PayPal inStore, the app gives you a unique barcode which the shop assistant just scans or enters into the till. It's a new cashless, cardless way to pay and you can use it now at Oasis, Karen Millen, Coast and Warehouse, with more retailers to come.
The app is available on iPhone and Android handsets and you can download it for free. Learn more