Why should I link a bank account or a card to my PayPal account?
Linking your bank account or card to your PayPal account helps you to make payments more simply and quickly. You’ll never need your wallet, card numbers or personal details when it’s time to pay. Your email address and password are all you need to checkout wherever PayPal is accepted.
Other features and benefits of linking your bank or card to your PayPal account include:
- You don’t need a PayPal balance as we can charge your bank account or card to send money to people or pay for things.
- The person you’re paying never sees your bank or card numbers.
- We send receipts for every payment so you can keep track of your spending.
- You can add money to your PayPal balance from your bank.
- We monitor your account for unusual activity to keep you safe.
- You can withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account.
- You can add more than one card to your PayPal account, but cards can only be used on one PayPal account at a time.
- Your sending and withdrawal limits are removed.
- Buyers and sellers have more trust in you because your verified status provides stronger account security.
- Sending money to family and friends is free when you use only your PayPal balance or bank account but if you send by card we apply a small fee.
- Unauthorised payments are rare but we’ll investigate if you report an unauthorised payment was somehow sent from your PayPal account.