Why are payments for my eBay sales being sent to the wrong email address?
Your eBay payments may be directed to the wrong email address for one of the following reasons:
- You have changed your email address in your PayPal account Settings and eBay account profile but not in your active eBay listings
- You have listed a new item without changing the pre-filled email address on the listing page
- You have misspelled your email address on the listing page
- You have entered a new email address on your eBay listing but have not added or confirmed this address on your PayPal account
- You are using a third party listing tool which has an incorrect email address.
To correct this, please ensure the email address on your listing has been added and also confirmed on your PayPal account. Alternatively, you can contact your buyer to request they cancel the payment and resend to your correct email address.
To view the email address used in your eBay listing:
- Log in to your eBay account.
- Click My eBay at the top of the page.
- In the ‘Sell’ section, click Sold.
- Find the item and click the item name to go to the item sold page. The email address the payment was sent to will be at the top of the listing.
- If you don’t see the email address here, under ‘Additional Options’, click Sell Similar.
- Go to the section 'Decide how you'd like to be paid'. The email where the payment was sent to will be pre-filled.
If you need further assistance finding the email address to which payment was sent, please contact eBay Customer Support.
If you have active listings that contain an incorrect email address, you may need to revise your listing or relist the item to correct this.